CDN or AUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these very similar countries do you think has the edge in infrastructure? Should be a fun comparison.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
DonQui said:
I give Skytrain the benefit of the doubt.
I would consider that to be the equivalent of Melbourne's Metlink Suburb/City Loop Rail, Brisbane's CityTrains, and Sydney's CityRail network. All 3 are suburb-based transit systems with a small number of underground stations. Toronto and Montreal equivalents to some extent would be GO Transit and AMT.

Perth also has a train network, but I've never been on it, so I don't know how expansive the network is.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Australia has the weather. :lol:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Canada for me........
.......In terms of mass transit, I believe both are pretty equal. The tide turner is the highways.

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,859 Posts
Well, Canada obviously has more, which isn't surprising seeing as it has both a higher population and a larger land area, but I think the edge should be given to the one with the highest quality.

That being said, I think all Can/Aus "comparisons" should be banned here, because they're nothing but trouble.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
^^^^^ I am TOTALLY with Nouvelle on this one. It has been proven countless times that Australia/Canada threads get vicious, and this is very definitely just a city vs city type thread that has been banned. I say flush the thread! :toilet:

·
Banned
21 Posts
I theorise that Torontos and Eastern Canada's road network in general is a direct byproduct of being across the road from the US. However not all Canada cities have such a road network.

Look at Vancouver. It's canada's 3rd largest city and apparently they have only 1 or 2 lengths of freeway.

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
Eric Cartman said:
I theorise that Torontos and Eastern Canada's road network in general is a direct byproduct of being across the road from the US. However not all Canada cities have such a road network.

Look at Vancouver. It's canada's 3rd largest city and apparently they have only 1 or 2 lengths of freeway.
Vancouver is really the only exception to the rule. Despite the generally better road network in Canada all the cities have higher transit ridership than their Aussie equivalent.

1 - 20 of 466 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.