SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 2484 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The 210 will end by my moms house in Redlands, yeayyyy!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
anyone know were there are some construction photos of this? cant seem to find any, even on flicker

Westbound California 30/Future interstate 210, begins as the freeway transitions from eastbound Interstate 10 onto westbound California 210/30.

The first three exits along westbound California 30/Future California 210

California 330 leads north from Highland to California 18 at Running Springs. This is the most direct route from the Inland Empire to Big Bear Lake and the nearby ski resorts.

View of the future offramp from westbound 210 to Campus Drive. The concrete poured here is the first to be poured in preparation for the new undercrossing at this interchange

and so on and so on.......all the way to Pasadena then the Valley.
http://www.westcoastroads.com/california/i-210a_ca.html

·
Registered
182 Posts
All the growth occuring in the Inland Empire is Amazing....Just earlier today I was reading about the population there and it has already past the 4 million mark....That's larger than the entire population of many other state's.

Such an Enormous Potential the Inland Empire has because of it's Location and Growth.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
All the growth occuring in the Inland Empire is Amazing....Just earlier today I was reading about the population there and it has already past the 4 million mark....That's larger than the entire population of many other state's.

Such an Enormous Potential the Inland Empire has because of it's Location and Growth.
Its also a horrible location for smog...i remember augusts are the worst, it all just gets stuck in this region.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yup their's smog,but thankfully the breeze or wind clears things up.

When I was there,it was rare to have a calm day with no wind or breeze at all...It felt very refreshing,but it was difficult whenever I go bike riding :lol:

Its also a horrible location for smog...i remember augusts are the worst, it all just gets stuck in this region.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
No! not if you can bring some discussions and articles about the IE. I don't believe we have that many Forumers living on the IE well maybe like two. That's one of the reason this thread is a bit turtleish lately. So if you live out there you can be the watchful eye representing the IE.

Let us know if your up to it???

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No! not if you can bring some discussions and articles about the IE. I don't believe we have that many Forumers living on the IE well maybe like two. That's one of the reason this thread is a bit turtleish lately. So if you live out there you can be the watchful eye representing the IE.

Let us know if your up to it???
Absolutely... not only do I live in Riverside, I am currently interning for the Riverside Community Development Department, Plannign Division. So I got the scoop... come tomorrrow, hopefully I'll be able to put up some unreleased renderings of proposed TOD's at both of Riverside's transit stations, and anything else of interest I come across!

For today:

I'll try to get more solid information plus a render later buuut

The Fairmount is a condo development proposed for Market Street directly across from Fairmount Park where an empty apartment building stands now. I'm not positive but it looked like seven floors and around 200-300 units, built into the slope there with 2 levels of underground parking and retail space fronting Market on the ground floor, which is actually partly underground, due to the slope. The units sort of staircase back from that level to the four-story tower rise, and behind there are five more 5-story buildings, linked by bridges, with a second-floor common area.

Again, more to come, but that's all I have for now. =]

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Wow! The IE has a lot going for it self and we are unaware of any of this. Well maybe a small percentage but not as much. Why don't you post pix of some of the renders you come across. If not available then web address are also good...:righton:

BTW: Welcome to SSC L.A. Forum now got to rollcall and introduced yourself, then go to Show your face Angelinos and post a pix or mug of yourself!!!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I did the best I could...

Photobucket is down for maintenance right now, so if the images are sketchy, blame ImageShack.

First, there is the Downtown Metrolink Station/Marketplace TOD plan, to be coupled with the relocation of the Greyhound Terminal to an area adjacent to the station. This looks to be about 400 units over 3 phases.

Also, the La Sierra Metrolink Station seems to have something grand in the works... the details are even more vague on this one [ballpark 300-500 units, plus retail and ~1500 parking spaces], so consider it a teaser:

This last project, Magnolia Square, on Magnolia Avenue near the Galleria, to be built in an empty shopping center, is a lower-intensity mixed-use development incorporating 35,000 sqft of new retail, renovation of existing retail buildings (which has already begun), and 200 courtyard townhome, rowhome, and live-work residential units.

oh, and just for kicks, an alternate site plan for the Downtown Metrolink Station. This one seems to include a 12-story mixed-use tower:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
personally, I like the alternate version of the Marketplace TOD... it's much more intensive and mixed in use, plus it just looks more well concieved. The other, though, I'm assuming is more current, mostly because it's the one the Director of Planning himself uses in his powerpoints on SmartGrowth he presents at community events. :\

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hey unmentioned...thanks for the renderings. But I have a question: last night I was at The Grind and noticed that the old white building that sits right alongside the 91 (across from Pizza Hut) is being destroyed. Know anything about that?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It was an ANCIENT warehouse of some sort, and to be quite honest, I don't know what the status of that parcel is, whether it's been bought, is being developed, or just cleared to be made more attractive to developers... I do know that the city is looking for office proposals for that site, but I haven't seen any come through planning yet. Will wait and see...

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
I am digging the Village Plaza seems very doable for the IE*

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Very doable, indeed. I think that Riverside can definitely handle even more intense projects than that. A city of 300,000 could easily, easily support large-scale office development, very high density housing, and highest-caliber regional shopping, especially in a region of 4 million.

Unfortunately, the problem is that NIMBYism abounds in Riverside, with older, lifetime residents who fear change of any kind. No one - developers, officials, or citizens - will take a risk and enthusiastically and unreservedly support something that is extraordinary for Riverside today but could very well be iconic of the city tomorrow. That's why there's so little here right now.

That's why it's such a huge deal that a goddamn 10-story office building was approved and is scheduled to start construction.

That's why I want to be a planner.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ It's hard to believe that with the new wave of residents the IE is attracting, there's people out there who demand to preserve the IE as is. Their going to fight a loosing battle and eventually they would have to move out to Arizona or something. The IE is not going to loose out on soooo much revenue in the coming years.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Exactly. There are people who honestly think that this city can simply remain in stasis. The most frustrating thing about it is that if they knew the first thing about how cities work, they would know that they are living, breathing entities in and of themselves, not just an agglomeration of individuals and families living and working in close proximity.

It upsets me to see so much high-caliber office space go to Ontario or so much high-end retail go to Rancho Cucamonga or Corona or so much high-density, mixed-use, urban housing go to Claremont, while Riverside struggles, sometimes it seems against its own citizenry, to remain in its place as the principal city of the IE.

I don't know. There's a lot I have yet to learn about how this place works and what's not being done correctly, or at all.

*by the way, thank you, Ferney, for thus far being the sole contributor to this dialogue :)

41 - 60 of 2484 Posts