Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few photos I took of the 500ft atrium today. The guy didnt mind me being there too much, even chatting about the tower with him. :)

It looked awesome, a real neckbreaker. If your in the area, try and have a look inside if you can (at 126 Philip St). Try and do so while tenants are moving in. The conceriege wont mind your presence too much, but it is polite to ask before you shoot or ride the lifts.

One of the best atriums around!!!!

The guy even let me ride the lift to level 21. Heres a shot looking down. I even captured a little video whilst in the lift with my cam. They rocket up and down at 7m per second.

·
Registered
77,632 Posts
finally got in there hey?
i did a thread on the insides 3 month ago.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=241305
its easily the most impressive new office bldg in Australia. Its interior is superior!
btw the name of the tower isnt BT tower, its Duetsche Bank Place.
where have you been fabian? timewarp?

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CULWULLA said:
its easily the most impressive new office bldg in Australia. Its interior is superior!
It was my first chance since it opened. I decided to go and have a look as I was there. Due to heavy uni committments, I've not had much of a chance to go into the city much, plus I live further out and therefore its harder to get in as well. :( Today, I managed to find time despite being in the middle of an exam period.

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,499 Posts
next time i am in "steak and kidney" i am going to go up the glass elevators! :rock:

lozza

·
Registered
77,632 Posts
^ definately THE building to visit when next in syd-den-ney.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
The other one you gotta check out is the multi award winning THE BOND office block down on Hickson Road. It aint tall but it is awesome inside the foyer !!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Impressive - at least for Sydney.

But it's not quite Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank building. :)

I will make a point to have a look this week.

·
Registered
77,632 Posts
christarrant said:
The other one you gotta check out is the multi award winning THE BOND office block down on Hickson Road. It aint tall but it is awesome inside the foyer !!!!
yes, went on a tour of this baby this year! very impressed! easily best "lowrise" in city.

·
Registered
77,632 Posts
^ heating/ cooling costs? its actually more efficient then a bldg of same size. The floors plates are compoeltely separate from lift lobby. the sun coming in from east filters thru to lift and access core. these days most new office bldgs are much more efficent then its previous structures.

·
Banned
598 Posts
CULWULLA said:
that was a bit harsh!!

·
status imminent
254 Posts
That building's my baby! The development came under my propery fund whilst working back in Sydney. Sadly, i left just before and missed the topping ceremony back in Nov 05. Seeing it in the flesh is one of my top priorities when i go back for a visit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts