Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new to the Texas forum and noticed there was no thread (or at least none that I could see) about the rapidly growing intercity bus system in Texas.
The majority of these companies offering intercity service are bus companies which also offer international service to Mexico.
Their fleets range from very old buses to brand new Volvo and MCI buses.
Though these companies seem to be growing they also seem to be almost unknown outside of the Hispanic community so I thought I would share some photos of the bus lines that I have ridden with
or seen on the highway.

Van Hool bus of Autobuses El Conejo in Dallas

Terminal and Volvo buses of Omnibus Mexicanos/Omnibus Express in Houston

MCI of Tornado Bus Company and Volvo of Autobuses Zima Real in Houston

MAN Lions Coach of Los Paisanos near Amarillo

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,784 Posts
I saw a bunch of Megabus's on I-45 the other day. Made me happy. They need a route to College Station. I've always wondered about those Mexican buses. Are they are more exclusive to people who speak spanish and are mainly traveling to Mexico, or is there more general service existed where anyone could go between Houston and Dallas on one?

It seems like this state is starting to develop a decent network of intercity buses, which is really surprising.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
I saw a bunch of Megabus's on I-45 the other day. Made me happy. They need a route to College Station. I've always wondered about those Mexican buses. Are they are more exclusive to people who speak spanish and are mainly traveling to Mexico, or is there more general service existed where anyone could go between Houston and Dallas on one?

It seems like this state is starting to develop a decent network of intercity buses, which is really surprising.
Mexican bus lines (such as Grupo Senda, Americanos USA, El Expreso, etc) are mostly catered to Mexican nationals who are traveling from Houston, Dallas, or Chicago to various points in Mexico such as Mexico City, Monterrey, Tampico, etc. They are not really geared to people who are travelling between cities in the US, however I believe Americanos USA has an agreement with Greyhound so it is possible to book via Greyhound a bus from say Midland to Mexico City with a few transfers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sorry I missed your reply but I didn't really have an internet connection for a few months
I've travelled on a lot of the Mexican buses and while they are geared towards people that speak Spanish I've seen lots of people that only speak English riding them with no problem. If you want to go between Dallas and Houston I would recommend Tornado Bus I use them frequently for this service and they're very friendly and their buses are new and clean way better than Greyhound and also cheaper.
http://tornadobus.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts