SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread for anything interesting (mostly news articles) out of south Sudan that you can't post in the other threads. Please keep it positive or it will be shut down.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nation building in post-referendum south sudan

I will begin to give you an example

New undersecretary for ministry of Culture and Heritage wants to build southern Sudanese pride
Dr. Jok Madut, a fellow of Rift Valley Institute and a Professor in the Department of History at Loyola Marymount University in California will ratify his appointment as undersecretary for the ministry of Culture and Heritage when he goes back to the south next month, he told New Sudan Vision on Wednesday.

Jok sees his job as “stressing loyalty to the nation.” He says “we will try to get down to nation building” as southern Sudanese are set to vote for independence on January 9, 2011.

"Now that we will become a state, we also need to become a nation," Jok wrote in his policy platform, published here by the New Sudan Vision.

To be a nation means having a citizenry that takes pride in citizenship in “South Sudan” first and in tribal citizenship second.”

Jok is also a member of the Post Referendum Taskforce on citizenship.
:cheers:
source: NSV

·
Registered
19 Posts
Best of Luck for My brothers in Southern Sudan. We feel your pains of the past and present and If you choose to separate, We wish you all the best to make a strong country. hopefully one day we will be freed from this injustice as well and re-unite in one strong, free and happy Sudan where everyone is equal.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best of Luck for My brothers in Southern Sudan. We feel your pains of the past and present and If you choose to separate, We wish you all the best to make a strong country. hopefully one day we will be freed from this injustice as well and re-unite in one strong, free and happy Sudan where everyone is equal.
^^ +1

It's the 21st century, the honeymoon is over for Khartoum. The sooner they realize they can't keep oppressing all non-arab, non muslim peoples of sudan the happier they will be in this century...otherwise it will be civil war all over again for another 50 years. At the rate their economy is growing, i think they will make the SMART choice...let money decide :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
^^ +1

It's the 21st century, the honeymoon is over for Khartoum. The sooner they realize they can't keep oppressing all non-arab, non muslim peoples of sudan the happier they will be in this century...otherwise it will be civil war all over again for another 50 years. At the rate their economy is growing, i think they will make the SMART choice...let money decide :lol:
Actually bh2010, NCP is oppressing everyone in Sudan, I'm a Muslim and -within Sudan- I'm characterized as an Arab but still I'm also oppressed; everyone in Sudan suffers from lack of services, lack of civil rights, absence of freedom of speech and infinite problems! those NCP guys are just a punch of thieves and they don't give a f*** about what happens to everyone as long as more money comes to their pockets. I think they do realize that they're bringing more problems to Sudan, but they simply won't do something about it bcoz they don't care.:eek:hno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts