SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the main brewhaus. One of the coolest places I've ever seen. Pics taken 4/25/06. 40 total, including the title image. Proceed.

Onto the good stuff...

Up, up, and away...

I'm out.
:runaway:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of the papers inside, as well as several calendars, were marked 1996. (Oddly enough, one calendar was from 2005.)

·
I claim to be staff.
2,171 Posts
Holy moses those are some amazing photographs! FanTASTIC photo thread. Please tell me you're planning on submitting some of these in the urban photo contest. There are quite a few in here that are worthy of a '10'. Can't wait to pass this thread on to my friends...

·
Look closer...
1,137 Posts
This is an incredible set. I've seen photos of the inside of the Brewery, but none captured the "essence" of the place like these have.

I'll never look at the old Pabst brewery the same way again. When it's all redeveloped there should be a special gallery set aside for displaying these photos.

That is, IF it's redeveloped. I'm sure some of these buildings can be saved, but I'm struck at just how badly it has deteriorated. A friend of mine went in there about two years ago and it wasn't nearly that bad.

As it is now, these photos stand as a testament to one of Milwaukee's greatest blunders.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are there redevelopment plans for this building? The brewery could be turned into some nice condos, retial, or office space. I live in Durham and we just renovated the old American Tobacco complex (it looks amazing). There are also plans to renovate the old Ligget Meyers tobacco warehouses. See link: American Tobacco Historic District

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm glad you're enjoying the photos.

And speaking of zombies, the security guard who gave us the tour works night shifts sometimes...he walks around these buildings alone, at night, with nothing but a flashlight and some pretty major cajones. Seriously, that place could get creepy in spots during the daytime, with plenty of light coming in. I can't imagine walking around alone, at night.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
pdxheel said:
Are there redevelopment plans for this building?
Yes, there are redevelopment plans for this building, along with the entire complex (about 7 blocks). Condos, apartments, retail, office space, a business/industrial training center, a small hotel, and a brewing museum have been proposed so far.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Spec-freaking-tacular.

I am in awe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts