SkyscraperCity banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Administrator
81,295 Posts
Dbcook, it seems your passions line up with my passions.

I live in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.

It is 20 miles from Vancouver, a metro hub.

New West is connected by bus our SKYTRAIN which is the spine along which regional urban nodes are emerging

New West is dominated by the Fraser River but the river was cut off by road and rail corridors and an industrial waterfront.

Now New West is transforming to a livable urban place with a continuous park along the river and designs developing ways to reconnect the River and parkway to the urban skyscraper hub.

60,000 residents live in 15 square kilometers.

In the towers, 50% live alone as a single occupant.

New,West now requires all tall structures to include 2 and 3 building designs. 10% must be 3 bedroom.

Is this the forum for these tapatalks?
New West is actually only 10 miles (16 km) from Downtown Vancouver, its pop is 71,000 (2016). The mighty Fraser River isn't cut off but rather have vechicles, skytrain and rail bridges over it.

Welcome to our forum btw.

·
Megatall Enthusiast
19 Posts
Hello all. While I am new to the forum, I can tell you that as a guest, this forum has helped me decipher the ever-changing skyline of the world. My main point of research and first construction project to check on weekly is the Jeddah Tower in Saudi Arabia. However, other skyscrapers have captured my attention--not solely for height. While not a supertall, Thyssenkrupp's Test Turm is entirely dedicated to improving elevators, and is home to a proposed magnetic elevator system. Anyway, I am glad to be part of this community.

·
Registered
7 Posts
24 Hour Time Setting Please?

:wave:Hello SSC, Karl here from Preston in England. It's a great forum I found only 6 months ago and have enjoyed following many threads.

I just wondered if there's an option or setting to display posts in the 24 hour format?

I found this forum from being a member of the RailUKforums forum.

Cheers,

Karl :wave:

·
Registered
N830MH
1,267 Posts
Hello!

This is N830MH (Scotty). I am one that I post the news about aviation, stadium, trains, light rail and a few other, as well. I am very valuable on the aviation-related forums. I came from FlyerTalk. I was away from the FlyerTalk for a while. I already joined the forums in 2015. I would appreciate for my contribution. Thank you for your opportunity.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm Mwifwa, a Tanzanian.

I glad to join this forum, before I got an information about one of the SSC forum member from another forum.

So I decided to visit this forum and see what is going on.

I found a lot of stuffs from different destine of the world which influenced me to join.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm Jericho. Filipino but lives in Perth, Australia. Just a high school student (I'm 15 btw) interested in skyscrapers, cities, urban planning etc. Been visiting this website occassionally since 12 and I decided to start contributing now.

I might be too young but hope im allowed here. I won’t do silly things here promise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. :)

I'm 18 years old and from the Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia. I only discovered this website a month ago, so i'm pretty new here. :p I've always had an interest in council and infrastructure projects, so this website really appealed to me. I also really like Photography, so that sealed the deal and I decided to join this website a few days ago.

It's nice to meet all of you and i'm looking forward to contributing to the forums. :)
I actually know this guy.

·
Administrator
81,295 Posts
Because you need to have 100 post counts in order to post in the Skybar and In the News sections. Looks like you have a long way to go.

·
21c9880f86d6479dbf9ac9910
1 Posts
Hello ,

For my introduction here it's pierre :) .

I come from North of France next to the Belgium boarder. I'm already a follower of your forum since several years (I read only the posts and topics) in the section of Belgium and France.

I follow news and informations about building skyscraper and transport in France and Belgium.

I'm too very interested by the news about transports (motorway, mass transport, airport, harbor .... ) . In particular for the north of France and Belgium (Flanders and Wallonia ).

I have seen that several section are in differents langages . It's possible for example to speak in dutch, english and french in those section to exchange ?

If you are interested and with the according of admin, it's possible to share a study about a motorway project ? This project it's between French and Belgian boarder.

Thanks for the welcome .

241 - 259 of 259 Posts