Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 13654 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I really like Ipoh, and somebody has already posted the Old Ipoh pictures.
These are some pix of a forgotten city. [I'll try to find somemore Ipoh pix at dusk.]

Ipoh might not have many big, tall buildings like modern Penang or JB.
But, aren't these cool!

Big City --> Scroll

·
Registered
126 Posts
the tallest building may be the 20-storey kinta heights flat
not many tall buidlings...but hey..it's still the third largest city in malaysia in terms of land mass

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
aen said:
not many tall buidlings...but hey..it's still the third largest city in malaysia in terms of land mass
so, which cities are first and second? :)

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,127 Posts
AFL said:
so, which cities are first and second? :)
first is of course KL, second is JB ;)

·
MILLENNIUM FALCON
3,007 Posts
aen said:
The Kinta Heights flats are the tallest in the City itself right? Then how about that Ipoh City Hall tower near the Jeultong toll? Isn't that a much higher building?

·
Ipoh mali
307 Posts
Ipoh City Hall tower? I think it is not the tallest...

·
Ipoh mali
307 Posts
Komuter extended to Ipoh, AirAsia fly to Ipoh... And very soon the airport will upgrade to be an international airport... Looking for more new highrises... long time never see any crane tower at city now...

Now only saw the 2 site which are building condo one are using crane tower... One at Jalan Kampar, another one at Bercham

·
Banned
553 Posts
CLié-HighRises said:
The Kinta Heights flats are the tallest in the City itself right? Then how about that Ipoh City Hall tower near the Jeultong toll? Isn't that a much higher building?
The tower near Jelapang (not Jelutong) is the not the city hall. I believe it is some sort of state builiding and it is currently the tallest in Ipoh.

·
Ipoh mali
307 Posts
myf282828 said:
The tower near Jelapang (not Jelutong) is the not the city hall. I believe it is some sort of state builiding and it is currently the tallest in Ipoh.
The location there will have more development soon... Many housing projects is launched.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i don't think we're going to see more high rise there, development in that area are mainly on residential houses.

·
Banned
553 Posts
The area as mentioned can build high rises as it is quite far from Ipoh airport.

Anyway Ipoh has one uniqueness, the airport is in the city, like Hong Kong before 1998.

·
Ipoh mali
307 Posts
myf282828 said:
The area as mentioned can build high rises as it is quite far from Ipoh airport.

Anyway Ipoh has one uniqueness, the airport is in the city, like Hong Kong before 1998.
Subang airport at KL also last time... :)

But Ipoh airport is so small and need to expand if there are going to have more flight to Ipoh in future...

·
Registered
997 Posts
myf282828 said:
Subang Airport is not in KL city.
Yeah that's right. Sg. Besi airport (KL's first) was the closest to the city centre.;) It seems people use to complain that Subang airport was too far off! :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
i think the height restriction is not just due to the location of the airport. don't forget ipoh was a major tin mining city. there're a lot of reclaimed tin mining lands around the city...

·
Ipoh mali
307 Posts
aen said:
i think the height restriction is not just due to the location of the airport. don't forget ipoh was a major tin mining city. there're a lot of reclaimed tin mining lands around the city...
Years ago, the government said will move the airport to other location like Batu Gajah, Langkap, Tronoh or Klebang. But may be is the financial problem and also it is just a domestic airport with very low customers.

1 - 20 of 13654 Posts