SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Regatta Quay

Bottom left is the existng Victorian Mill which is being converted into duplex apartments. It will be completed during 2008. The tower to the right has also 'topped-out' and the lower parts of the building will be occupied by the end of the year. The Ground floor contains bars and restaurants, one of which will be Pitcher & Piano.

The left-hand tower will rise to 18-storeys. The base of this complex will contain the Red Rose Chain's Whitchbottle Theatre so named after the discovery of the eponymous object during excavation works on site.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks for all that, I hadn't managed to bring it all together myself. Sorry about the lack of the afore promised photos, my camera went missing a while ago and I've yet to replace it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cardinal Lofts

Hi, was just Googling for some info about these apartments as I hope to move in to one shortly. Came across this thread and was impressed by the amount of interest people have about the Ipswich docks development, and the effort put in to capture it photographically.

So, just a thanks to all, especially OP, cheers!:cheers:

·
The Expat Capra
274 Posts
Great Snaps of the forever changing Wet Docks and thanks for sharing. I have a variety of pictures to offer too, but I cannot work out (nor find concise information on) how I upload them from my Imageshack account.

·
The Expat Capra
274 Posts
... and some from this afternoon:

Managed to snap these just as the light was fading on this rather grim Suffolk day. I hope you like them.

They have some seriously classy boats in the Docks these days!

I do hope these are in for an overhaul too, because they really need one :toilet:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Now on the waterfront but seeing as this is the only Ipswich thread...the Westgate shopping centre on the site of the former Council Offices was given planning permission the other day. It is a £50m development, with retail, offices and residential in Ipswich's town centre with work due to start next year (fingers crossed).

More info and pictures here: http://www.westgatecentre.com/westgatecentre/index.php

21 - 40 of 152 Posts