SkyscraperCity banner

461 - 480 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
the recent surge and revivial of proper modern iranian architecture has gained immense momentum , a few years ago we saw very rare projects on this calibre, now we see them weekly or even daily

iranian architects are slowly becoming a forerunner in apartment design

its great in every level

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
its not really in front of the palace, and traffic hasnt been worse, the population density of the area is so high already and the area is fairly accessible that traffic with or without it would not change

it is a bit problematic, i understand, but it was either this, or the possibility of a terrible ugly project completely out of scale and height

there are a few massive dugouts around it
tajrish is changing regardless of what we want (i would of preferred an open roof bazar type area with pedestrian ways and shops in the style of the palaces of niavaran , but that will never happen currently)

there will be massive buildings around the area in a few years, this is the best way they can build them , because they are going to build the area up anyway
there has to be an effort to calm the area down with simple designs, or else it will look worse than the frankenstein it is

it is a beautiful building though and it appears very easy on the viewers' eyes

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
^^^^Absolutely agree Soroush. I know IranAir does have a point about the traffic but that is an issue with any new development that is a runaway success commercially. It is a fundamental issue that needs to be tackled though sooner than later. Here I would totally put the onus on the Mayor and the planners. They have to take some decisive decisions on traffic management in general but also specific to Tajrish as well.

The building is really really beautifully designed too I think. IranAir do you not like the design at all or just how it's located?

It would be quite radical but by redesigning the traffic flow in the area, using possibly a similar underground roundabout as Mashhad, they could actually build a landmark as farsighted as the Shohada Maidan in that city. I don't mean the look but the connectivity value and provisions of the project. Metro linked to the bus/taxi/parking areas all underground and with easy access to the shopping hobs. It will be a massive engineering task but it is really doable and could earn the authorities the respect they need to make some long lasting changes to planning and construction laws we all know Tehran and Iran in general sorely need.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have always wondered if they could make the tajrish-saad abad street pedestrian
It would be amazingly ambitious but perhaps it can become the most beautiful pedestrian avenue in the world (in terms of the trees etc)
They can't. It will screw up traffic for Zafaranieh. It would be great but I would say almost impossible.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Soroush, Alexsal,

I have to disagree with both of you. I walked by the builing a few weeks ago. It looks amazing. No doubt. But it is out of place.

That street leads up to the palace and is tree aligned. It is supposed to be majestic but now this takes the focus. I would also imagine that from the palace you will see this now rather than Tajrish.

I am a big fan of such buildings but feel this is one of the worst places for it.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
^^^^I get your point now. I kind of agree but I am not sure how to avoid any development that would not create some change these days like restricting view etc. This at least makes an effort to make itself less visibly noticeable when you look at it from a distance. I think the glass and LED facade was actually designed to reflect the sky and blend in. Also not sure it does restrict the view from the Palace. Looking down, the view I would say, is down towards Elahiyeh. Actually the new minaret ensemble is far more of an intrusion than this really. Have you not seen the egg cup they have built as a sad excuse for a mosque?

Honestly, the other benefit of the whole mall is to raise the stakes and encourage the Bazaar whatnots to spend money and tidy up their properties too. Almost all the run down buildings around the maidan are owned by them and for years they have tried to make the Bazaar more attractive by keeping the whole area shabby and crumbling. I know for a fact there is a bit of a stand off between the old Bazaari guys and planners both here and even more so downtown. Malls will perhaps get them to compete more, even per chance they might go out of their way to spend a little of their stash/assets on the city rather than their villas and cars. Here is hoping.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
They can't. It will screw up traffic for Zafaranieh. It would be great but I would say almost impossible.
Not if they do the underground round-about. If its done well, I would say it could actually make the Tajrish area a landmark tourist hotspot on its own rights. Then the feeder side streets can be funnelled through the two sides and the approach to the Palace compound along the river and the two approach roads, redsigned into something quite spectacular.

I even go as far as to say Ghalibaf would jump on it given the chance and the budget. Politically it would suit Rohani to have him tied up with a few major projects anyway.

It's doable.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
I agree with you iranair, it is radical

But its hard to imagine what would be in its place

There has to be a wholistic theme in the area (classic style related to the palace) and this and the terribly emamzadeh dont help either

This could be much nicer if the surrounding areas where all nice and uniform

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I agree with you iranair, it is radical

But its hard to imagine what would be in its place

There has to be a wholistic theme in the area (classic style related to the palace) and this and the terribly emamzadeh dont help either

This could be much nicer if the surrounding areas where all nice and uniform
Problem is we are talking fantasy over reality. Do you see any chance of a holistic uniform development this side of 2100?

Here and now means land in Tehran is split into little pieces and a uniform look will have to be forced on the landowners. Rather you than me.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Iranian studio Next Office has completed a house in Tehran that splits in the middle to create two curvy wings. Lavasan, really!!

I think its quite beautiful. Love the stairwells. and the sloping roof. It will cost an arm and a leg I bet.

https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2016/06/villa-for-younger-brother-
[IMG]https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2016/06/villa-for-younger-brother-tehran-iran-alireza-tahgaboni-trapezoidal-urban-context-architecture-residential_dezeen_1568_10.jpg

It is really well designed spacially. There is hope!! Notice the lady in the picture is doing a My Stealthy Freedom throughout.

more info: http://www.dezeen.com/2016/06/22/next-office-builds-curvy-tehran-iran-house-splits-middle/

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
PROJECT GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: Villa 142

Architecture Firm: Textarchitect Design Office [→]

Architect in Charge: Saeed Mohsen Younesi

Design Associates: Kamand Asadi, Arezoo Memar, Saeed Jamshidi Ghamsari

Date: 2015 - 2016

Site Area: 874 sqm

Built: 407 sqm

Type: Residential

Civil engineer: Kouros Etaati

Mechanical engineer: Mehdi Mirhabibi

Electrical engineer: Hashem Mousavi

Construction Company: Bonda Co.

Executive Manager: Shahrokh Maghsood

Executive Team: Farshad Shomeil, Mostafa Zaafari, Hamid Zakeri

3D: Saeed Jamshidi Ghamsari

Contractor: Bonda Co.

Client: Bonda Co.

Photographer: Hamoon Moghaddam

Budget: N/A

http://caoi.ir/en/projects/item/1000-villa-142.html

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Name: Mina Residential

Architecture Firm: Rooydaad Architects [→]

Architect in Charge: Zahra Armand, Mostafa Omidbakhsh

Design Team:Marzieh Omidbakhsh, Mahsa SheikhAkbari

Date: 2009-2012

Site Area: 580 sqm

Built Area: 2500 sqm

Executive Manager: RooyDaad Architecs

Executive Team: Mahmood Armand, mohammad hassan abtahi,alireza mirenaiat

Civil engineer: Payam Shahbodagh

Client: Mohammad Andalib

Photographers: Arash Ashornia

Awards:

1st Place in 1st Iranian Architecture Biennial
2nd Place in 7th Iranian Interior Design Awards
Finalist in Asia Architecture Awards 2015

http://caoi.ir/en/projects/item/981-mina-residential.html

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Name: Bozorgmehr House

Architecture Firm: EOT Design Studio [→]

Architect in Charge: Hanieh Alizadeh, Mahmoud Ganji

Date: 2012-2015

Site Area: 250 sqm

Built Area: 525 sqm

Executive Manager: Mohsen Asadzadeh

Executive Team: Arsalan Asadzadeh, Khalil Arzhangi

Client: Matin Daneshmand, MohammadBagher Alizadeh

Photographers: Mahmoud Ganji

Award: 1st Place (Shared) in Memar Award, in the section of single residential building category, 2015

http://caoi.ir/en/projects/item/992-bozorgmehr-house.html

·
Registered
14,924 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts

Name: Iran Center for Management Studies (ICMS)

Current position: Imam Sadegh University (ISU)

Architecture Firm: AFFA | Abdol Aziz Farman Farmaian & Associates

Lead Architect: Nader Ardalan (ICMS)

Design Team: Nader Ardalan,Yahya Fiuzi, Houshang Jahed, Ali Ramezani

Architect: Mr. Masloum (Commissioned by ISU for the completion of some classrooms and new dormitories)

Structure Engineer: Zareh Gregorian and Associates [Phase l]

Type: Education

Date: 1970 -1972

Site Area: 22400 sqm

Built Area: 7000 sqm

General Contractor Phase l: Shaygan Constrcution Co.

General Contractor Phase Il: Melli Construction Co.

Client: Iran Container

Photographers: Kamran Adle, Khosrow Bozorgi

http://caoi.ir/en/projects/item/980-iran-center-for-management-studies.html

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
This is a long post so it is divided into a few sections

an incredible complex, with the cheapest, simplest materials and shapes, they have created a small iranian city that is very traditional yet very very modern as well, similar to the previous post

though I think the landscaping and greenwork is a bit underwhelming , a simple array of grass and tall trees would of been much better

Name: Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman

Architecture Firm: Bonyan Consulting (BIR), Pirraz Consulting (AIR) [→]

Architects: Amir Nosrat Monaghah, Yousef Shariatzadeh, Mohsen Mirheydar, Y. Razzaghi, B. Farahvashi

Type: Education

Date: 1972 -1995

Inception of project: 1972

Start of construction: 1973

End of first phase: 1985

Start of second phase: 1985

Scheduled completion of fourth phase: 1995

Site Area: 300 Hec.

Ground floor (Phase I): 5,000 sq.m.

Total floor (Phase I): 16,500 sq.m.

Client: Ministry of Culture & Higher Education

First client: Alireza Afzalipoor

Consultant: M. Moghadam, Espandar (Higher Education Consultant)

Contractor: Jolgeh Co., Tehran

Photographers: Khosrow Bozorgi

Award: Nominated for The Agha khan award for Architecture, 1992

http://caoi.ir/en/projects/item/987-shahid-bahonar-university-of-kerman.html

461 - 480 of 521 Posts