SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey not sure if you guys realize that when renovations are done are realllly old buildings, they purposly do different shades of color so people know what old was and what new is. Common practice around the world. I saw this in germany as well.
depends on how old, and what type of building it is, putting fresh concrete slabs on takhte jamshid is not acceptable,and its happened, and if any where else in the world they do that on ancient buidlings its incorrect

thats different to 16th century churches and mosques or 19th century apartments

begzarim, any news on the pasargad construction controversy ?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Khak to sareh mah Iraniha

It's like these idiots intentionally want to ruin taghe bostan, who in his right mind uses such heavy machinery for such a historical site. The people who are "supervising" this should be shot in the head.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Khak to sareh mah Iraniha

It's like these idiots intentionally want to ruin taghe bostan, who in his right mind uses such heavy machinery for such a historical site. The people who are "supervising" this should be shot in the head.
They're not using it on the facade. They're not that dumb!
You use the bulldozers for hauling large stones. That's about it.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yes but such vibrations and rough heavy machinery is still not appropriate for such area
there could be many underground artefacts also, its a historical region

not to mention the area was beautiful before

useless budget spending and ideas

they keep "fixing" things that were fine, if they really cared they would of taken care of the rest of the country

and god knows tomorrow they come and say a worker "accidentaly " rammed through the wall when loosing control of the machine

·
Queen of Persia
1,310 Posts
It has been like that for ages, even around the Shah it was like that.

I'd rather have them not touch it and ruin it even more with some awful renovation project. Once Iran opens up and starts getting more tourists you can expect a change for the better though.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It has been like that for ages, even around the Shah it was like that.

I'd rather have them not touch it and ruin it even more with some awful renovation project. Once Iran opens up and starts getting more tourists you can expect a change for the better though.
Yea its always been like this sadly

But the issue is that they must atleast preserve it

Some train projects and road projects are threatening the wall

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
mass destruction of houses in yazd from neglect
aside from this, one of the major issues in the poorness of quality of many reconstructions is that they use they same 5000 year old techniques but without any detail of research
they just cover it up so the buildings are unsafe, weak and easily destroyable and not long lasting
they have to rebuilt such homes with modern technology
as stated a million times
http://www.chn.ir/NSite/FullStory/Photo/?Id=106806&Serv=5&SGr=35

thats why the city always looks sloppy and falling apart

·
Queen of Persia
1,310 Posts
And how do you know that?

Btw I saw huge renovation projects in Yazd when I was there. I actually think most renovations are good but they need to improve

21 - 40 of 44 Posts