SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO WE ALL KNOW IRAN IS BEAUTIFUL, AND HAS MANY SITES, BUT I WANTED TO KNOW HOW U GUYS THINK ABOUT THE STREETS AND THE CITIES ITSELF, AS A WHOLE.

in my opinion most streets are not very "nice", they are dominated with old concrete buildings that have no design etc, the streets are too flashy with various coloured light poles etc. for example, central tehran is not real what a city of such great nation should look like. for example, we have many buildings with dirty facades, and all grey in colour and to me they are all not "straight", or inline. although i belive these are a result of poor city building by the govornment, i wanted to know how u guys feel.
for example, i was in london a while ago, and all the buidlings were in lline, clean, and mostly with traditional architecture, making the whole city nice, not jst some sections. the street poles across where alll the same across the city, and "classy" colour wher used for public utilities. Although i dunt want to compare, i kinof had to.

Zende bashid

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
you are forgetting to account for Tehran's smog and also the dust that is involved when living on the edge of a desert...

also, a title all in caps?

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are forgetting to account for Tehran's smog and also the dust that is involved when living on the edge of a desert...

also, a title all in caps?
the dust is not a problem, and again, smog is due to poor city planning and population distribution which again relates strongly to the govornment.
im talking about buildings and streets mostly, but traffic etc. can aso be a problems to. and dont forget, tehran is not that bad, cities thatunfortunentaly have been neglected like cities in the north by the caspian (not villa/ cottage villages , but main cities) and in the south are being desrtoyed by poor city building/planning.

And i wrote in capitals so ppl more likely see it, LOL

·
-|-
710 Posts
Most of Tehran's historical buildings where destroyed in the 50s, 60s and 80s. They rebuild it with cheap buildings. And public city planning is not that strict in Iran.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of Tehran's historical buildings where destroyed in the 50s, 60s and 80s. They rebuild it with cheap buildings. And public city planning is not that strict in Iran.

EXACTLY, and not just tehran, all of iran. thats what im trying to say, the cities have become cheap and soviet style apartments, ugghhhhh

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
european countries had their golden ages in the industrial age.so every building since then are richly built.for eg in england itself,the house owners are proud to have houses which are 200+ years old!whereas in iran the older houses were made in periods which iran was in a very poor state so unlike europe,our older residental houses are disasters.another problem is that alot of the people in charge are close minded.they only build according to what it is with no thinking about the future.for eg in tehran they made some streets and etc which was good for it's car population of it's own time.but very soon it wasn't enough and heavy traffic was everywhere.they destroyed alot of houses,threw out alot of people from their houses with only giving them a small amount of money and made these CURVEY highways.the traffic was good again but suddenly... same heavy traffic... they should think about the future and take the right action once and for all imo

·
Registered
326 Posts
The one big difference I noticed was the amount of greenery in Tehran. I wasn't a big fan of the architecture on the whole (most Iranian cities seem to be full of the same carbon copy buildings with the exception of major landmarks!) but the greenery really made a massive difference.

I hope they build on that as it's a real attribute to the place and pretty rare in most cities of that size (in the case of Tehran).

My fave city (ish) park in Iran has to be El Goli (?) in Tabriz - I'd also like to see someone develop Tabriz's skyline with high quality modern architecture as I think the setting is the best out of the large Iranian cities I went to.

(Sorry about poor quality - I'm a terrible photographer!:lol:)

:cheers:

·
Banned
29 Posts
SO WE ALL KNOW IRAN IS BEAUTIFUL, AND HAS MANY SITES, BUT I WANTED TO KNOW HOW U GUYS THINK ABOUT THE STREETS AND THE CITIES ITSELF, AS A WHOLE.

in my opinion most streets are not very "nice", they are dominated with old concrete buildings that have no design etc, the streets are too flashy with various coloured light poles etc. for example, central tehran is not real what a city of such great nation should look like. for example, we have many buildings with dirty facades, and all grey in colour and to me they are all not "straight", or inline. although i belive these are a result of poor city building by the govornment, i wanted to know how u guys feel.
for example, i was in london a while ago, and all the buidlings were in lline, clean, and mostly with traditional architecture, making the whole city nice, not jst some sections. the street poles across where alll the same across the city, and "classy" colour wher used for public utilities. Although i dunt want to compare, i kinof had to.

Zende bashid
what do you expect from this retarded government? they know nothing about city planning

they always build the cheapest ugly buildings
with all these oil revenues Iran should have modern skyscrapers..

·
For you're worth it
494 Posts
I think Tabriz is the best Iranian city when it comes to infrastructure. Great old and new mix of buildings. Iran's best city hands down. =)

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what do you expect from this retarded government? they know nothing about city planning

they always build the cheapest ugly buildings
with all these oil revenues Iran should have modern skyscrapers..
yes, absolutely true, its mostly the government

the streets, new semi suburs they build are just like communist jails, all grey and ugly concrete, no green space and all of them jam packed.

they purposely do this to destroy the country, or else it isnt that hard to make modern suburbs and city cores. look at like cities like paris etc. (paris and tehran are same in size approx) and how they have made a beautiful merge of modern suburb and city core and look ate cities like mashhad and tehran, overly densed jails

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think Tabriz is the best Iranian city when it comes to infrastructure. Great old and new mix of buildings. Iran's best city hands down. =)
I disagree, in my oponion Tabriz is just growing upwords rather cheaply. It's like "the taller the better" they don't care about anything else.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
well,recently there are some new projects in tabriz,like fake waterfall in the city,some green spaces,a telecabin which comes from the northern mountain towards the south of the city,.... but becuz exept some cities in iran others don't get a proper budget it's going slow.Tabriz can be alot better.for eg:
this project requires DAMN big budget,they are forcingly changing the echosystem of the desertish part of south of tehran" http://mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1060119 " cities like tabriz dont get that kind of budget so admitingly alot of the high rises are cheap and the developing is slow.

·
Banned
29 Posts
well,recently there are some new projects in tabriz,like fake waterfall in the city,some green spaces,a telecabin which comes from the northern mountain towards the south of the city,.... but becuz exept some cities in iran others don't get a proper budget it's going slow.Tabriz can be alot better.for eg:
this project requires DAMN big budget,they are forcingly changing the echosystem of the desertish part of south of tehran" http://mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1060119 " cities like tabriz dont get that kind of budget so admitingly alot of the high rises are cheap and the developing is slow.
i pray that one day a new government will come to power and spend money on developing cities and not funding hezbollah

·
Banned
268 Posts
^^ the second picture :(

when will we get rid of these messy ugly industrial like streets, its so ugly it just ruins the city
:bash:
everything about it is wrong
Maybe because overall Tehran is a ugly city? Only some air pictures from the north of the city are nice. All my friends who visited Tehran say it is a ugly, polluted and chaotic city. They try to avoid Tehran when they visit Iran. The city is full with ugly architecture too.

·
Banned
908 Posts
it is all a matter of taste.^^

i do not find tehran ugly or chaotic. i mean when i was in rio, it was really terrible in that sense and even athens. tehran has problems with traffic and air of course. every big city has that. go to some indian or chinese cities and you will think tehran is a heaven in that regard lol. and to find a way out is difficult. so far i can only see progress there by more metro lines for now. maybe monorail could help tehran, or trailways. also more railway will help. and work to get more people out of tehran into different cities will help.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts