SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
yazd is the most beautiful city i ever visited(honestly).i just felt at home there.love the place!!!and not just the old city.the whole area around the bazaar is stunning.
+ the people there are very charmingly humble

maybe iranian cities are not that beautiful and charming,but what makes them special are the people.they made the cities beautiful for me,especially tehran

·
Banned
908 Posts
it is quite interesting that some people here say this is beautiful and this is not beautiful and everyone else has to accept this. some people really need to tolerate other views and not to judge them by their own beliefs and only think they are right themselves.

·
Banned
1,690 Posts
Tehrans look is too hard!The mountains,the dust,the cars.......
Citys like new york or istanbul add the element of water into theyr view.thats why it looks better,In Iran its just the hard element of stone.The only choice 4 tehran is to turn it into a green city,but thats to costly cause iran is a dry country.Tabriz ha sthe same problems.It looks to hard.Isfahan and shiraz are different.Even the element of sand is more charming than rock,thats why yazd has more charm than tehran.Tehran should get some good city planing and thats it.But will never look nice.

·
Banned
268 Posts
why don't you make it easy for yourself and just say Iran as a whole is ugly...
No, because I love cities like Isfahan, Yazd, (old) Bam, etc. Just most of the big cities in Iran are ugly. The heart of Iran lays in these cities, not in Tehran or Tabriz.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Na Tobi,hast dich wohl in eine Iranerin verguckt oder?hehehhe
Wo warst du denn im Iran?Ist toll oder?Hast du das so Bachpackerstyle gemacht?
Dein Deutsch ist sehr gut :) Bist du Deutscher oder hast du in Deutschland gewohnt?

Oh ja,verguckt habe ich mich unzählige mal haha Iranische Mädels sind der Hammer!!! ;)

Ich war in Tabriz,Isfahan,Shiraz,Yazd,Kashan und Tehran.Iran ist toll.Einfach nur klasse.So gut,dass ich dieses Jahr wieder hinfliege :) Hoffe das klappt :)
Jap,mit nem Rucksack und ab gings.Mit dem Zug von Istanbul nach Tehran.

·
Veni, Vidi, Vinci
9,679 Posts
Interesting discussion, it has the feeling of a beauty pageant. :lol:

To me Iran has some of the most beautiful cities in the middle east, with beautiful parks, gardens, fountains, mosques, museum etc..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Toll Tobi.Ich bin Iraner,aber ich bin in Deutschland aufgewachsen.Sag mal,wo bist du denn im Iran untergekommen?Gab es billige Unterkuenfte?
Ja,Unterkünfte sind sehr günstig.Ich habe nie mehr als 20 Euro pro Nacht für ein Hotelzimmer bezahlt.Meistens so um die 15 16 Euro.Für Europäer also spottbillig.
Und die Hotels waren meist auch von guter Qualität.Kein hoher Standart,aber mein Gott,das störte mich wenig :)

·
Veni, Vidi, Vinci
9,679 Posts
for middle east
not bad
but how about our normal streets? what is your opinion ? :)
What does the rest of the world cities have that Tehran lacks? Every city develops an urban infraestructure based upon the financial resources that they can gather and the political will to execute such projects. Personally, I am surprised at the level of development that the Iranian cities shows, despite all trade blockades and sanctions that Iran has received. I see tall buildings, freeways, subways etc....

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
orinoco_man said:
What does the rest of the world cities have that Tehran lacks? Every city develops an urban infraestructure based upon the financial resources that they can gather and the political will to execute such projects. Personally, I am surprised at the level of development that the Iranian cities shows, despite all trade blockades and sanctions that Iran has received. I see tall buildings, freeways, subways etc....
its not about lacking, its about how all these elements are placed together with the natural and cultural elements of a city

we lost hectars of green space for tall apartments that are built on small alleys that only have the capacity for maybe 30 people living there , now that same alley has 250 people living there, so traffic and conjestion increases with no planning and to cover the problem they build a freeway across the middle of a residential area to cope, however that only encourages more cars and u know the rest

this is just a small corner of many issues
iranian cities today lack any proper long term planning, this is the major issue
surely we have tall buildings and freeways but all in the wrong method and place

·
Spatial Arts in Tehran!
759 Posts
You know I think Tehran is like London, if you ever have a chance you find that too many people in a small space logic, you can increase the amount of the population but limiting cars as well is a major issue.

·
Veni, Vidi, Vinci
9,679 Posts
I am impressed that Iran has 6 subway systems built or under construction for their 6 largest cities. That is unheard of in other countries with similar development.

·
Spatial Arts in Tehran!
759 Posts
You know in the UK they do a "standard of living survery" which includes time to commute, salary, house prices, space, education resources, municipality, every year Edinburgh wins out of the UK, I wonder if we did this in Iran which city would come on top, my bet would be something like Tabriz.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Big Abdul said:
You know in the UK they do a "standard of living survery" which includes time to commute, salary, house prices, space, education resources, municipality, every year Edinburgh wins out of the UK, I wonder if we did this in Iran which city would come on top, my bet would be something like Tabriz.
resources i would say tehran
but the rest mahbe tabriz i think is also the best choice , followed by maybe shiraz and mashhad, i dont think esfahan is as calm as those

61 - 80 of 87 Posts