SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
dkhazenirad said:
My house in Tehran is officially the oldest on the street being built in 1952. It is lovely having a big old garden with fruit trees in the centre of town! I am also refurbishing a building soon near Karim Khan from the 1950's, it should be an interesting project whether or not they are refurbishable as we are converting the original space into offices.
thats great please put pics :)

·
Banned
606 Posts
Freddy please add these

Borje Sepid (White Tower)
134 metres (440 ft)

Goldis Tower
Ugly as sin IMO
The height is a bit of a mystery lol. Looked at a couple of diff sites, they all say smtg different. Hopefully somebody here knows exactly how tall it is.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thanks nima but ive seen those.they aint high atall.the height for them is really fake,they are even lower than 20floors
thats why this thread is really hard.there r alot of fake numbers out there and uve gotto find out which is fake and which isnt

·
Banned
606 Posts
thanks nima but ive seen those.they aint high atall.the height for them is really fake,they are even lower than 20floors
thats why this thread is really hard.there r alot of fake numbers out there and uve gotto find out which is fake and which isnt
:lol:
lol I knew it :bash:
I kept checking the ugly building and scaling it against the bus and it just didn't make sense, but so many sites said it was...

lol

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ofc the bus is alot closer but its still not high :p
so many sites r just copies from eachother and im making sure here that this thread isnt just a blind copy
this is bloor tower in Tabriz.its alot taller than both of those but its only 80m high !

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
2ta borj tu elahiye baade borje beynalmelali bayad bashan(35 tabaghe ina balaye zaminan)

2ta borje samte rast ro migam.2 ham borj hast samte chap dogulu ke hodudan 30 tabaghan vali aslan chizi peyda nakardam.ehtemalan ba taxmin benevisam unaro ham(borjaye tehran maamulan ba tirahane fuladian.az ruye un mishe taxmin zad har tabagharo

kish ro ye cheki mikonam.mashhad ham yadame ye borje 30 tabaghe dashtan mizadan tu khiabune emam reza(mituni az mostafa mashad 1400 ye amari begiri?)

·
Registered
620 Posts
the height for the White tower doesn't seem fake to me. It makes sense to me. I don't know how many floors it exactly has but if we assume that It has something between 20-25 floors and each floor is about 3.5 meters and we add the height of the antenna to it 134 meters does make sense.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
the height for the White tower doesn't seem fake to me. It makes sense to me. I don't know how many floors it exactly has but if we assume that It has something between 20-25 floors and each floor is about 3.5 meters and we add the height of the antenna to it 134 meters does make sense.
actually borj e sefid is only 18 or 19 above the ground.lets say 19 and lets estimate the antena as MAX 8 floors high(according to the pics)
this is a residental-kind building.residental building have 2.8 height
in Tehran the buildings are steel structures which makes them have 30cm between them so each floor is averagely 3.1m high.that makes it 83.7 WITH the antena.but some floors like the top floors and the 1st floor probably are higher than usual floors.so lets consider MAX 6m for that loss so its kinda 90m.this was a really optimistic estimation but still there are 44m missing from 134m and 44m is more than 14floors missing !

·
Registered
620 Posts
actually borj e sefid is only 18 or 19 above the ground.lets say 19 and lets estimate the antena as MAX 8 floors high(according to the pics)
this is a residental-kind building.residental building have 2.8 height
in Tehran the buildings are steel structures which makes them have 30cm between them so each floor is averagely 3.1m high.that makes it 83.7 WITH the antena.but some floors like the top floors and the 1st floor probably are higher than usual floors.so lets consider MAX 6m for that loss so its kinda 90m.this was a really optimistic estimation but still there are 44m missing from 134m and 44m is more than 14floors missing !
hmmm, I guess you're right. I'll check it when I pass Pasdaran and see If 3.1 meters is a reasonable approximation. in the pic it looks to be bigger than 3.1 meters in each floor but can't say it for sure unles we have something around it in the pic to compare it with that.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
the thing which I said about the floors was a standard,(2.8+0.3) not an estimation,the rest is estimation
its 3m usually in business buildings and the separation part in cement buildings(which are not used in Tehran) are 0.4m

·
Registered
620 Posts
the thing which I said about the floors was a standard,(2.8+0.3) not an estimation,the rest is estimation
its 3m usually in business buildings and the separation part in cement buildings(which are not used in Tehran) are 0.4m
Yea I know that's a standard but the White tower looks to have taller floors from the pic. It's easier to estimate the height if you see it from close. but in the pics I only counted 12 residential floors. how did you say 19? :p

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
seeming taller depends on stuff like window shape.if the window shape is vertical(like the white tower) it would seem higher.but by personal experience,hotels even make their ceilings abit lower than normal residential buildings,not higher.
i thought u said its 20-25?:p
u see 12 floors.there is a full glassed floor above it which looks like a ceremony place and there is a floor which seems to be a cycling restaurant above that(14 by now)
by checking other pics it seemed like there are 1-5 floors below the part of the pic where the shape of the building changes(there werent clear pics from the lower part so it was hard to say).with all these and being optimistic there r 14 missing floors for that height

21 - 40 of 62 Posts