Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$2bn Baghdad airport renovation

A $2bn re-build of Baghdad International Airport will start in March, Iraq Civil Aviation Authority D-G Dr Adnan Blebil told Gulf News. Three new terminals will be added to lift capacity to 7.5m passengers a year by 2010. Blebil said Iraq is aiming to sign air service agreements soon with Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iran, with talks ongoing with other countries.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
$ 2 billion is alot of money. Great for Baghadad but I think there are more important things to spend money on before an airport renovation.

·
Watch my Chops
5,997 Posts
Riyadhi said:
$ 2 billion is alot of money. Great for Baghadad but I think there are more important things to spend money on before an airport renovation.
Ill go for a holiday to Iraq in 2010 but wont leave the airport. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
2010!!! thats fast, we have to wait until 2020 for the complete renovation of eldorado, and a little bit offtopic i heard that emirates is going to make daily flights to bogota :cheers:

·
Registered
270 Posts
$ 2 billion for an airport that might not even be used in any significant way in 2010 due too...I don't know a massive civil war??? That money would be better spent on security, or schooling, healthcare, or things that would actually facilitate social cohesion and entice people to go to Iraq without metallic neck defenses.

·
:D
2,037 Posts
The airport renovation is awesome! I hope that while that is taking place other renovations (city, roads, etc) will also take place. :) Iraq can be such a grand nation , let's not forget Babylon. :D

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
#IRAQ: $80 billion dollars Al Basra port

and of course the one who is going to build it is a joint between an Iraqi company and an American company.

It will take 4 years (how?)

sorry I couldnt find an english source.

لعراق بصدد تنفيذ مشروع الميناء الكبير بالبصرة بتكلفة 80 مليار

Mar 16, 2006 - 07:04 -

دبى فى 16 مارس / وام / اشار مصدر عراقى مسؤول الى ان بلاده بصدد تنفيذ مشروع الميناء الكبير بالبصرة كميناء ترانزيت عالمى يحقق ربطا حيويا بين اسيا واوروبا.

وقال يعرب المرديني مستشار وزير النقل العراقى فى كلمة له بالجلسة الختامية لمؤتمر النقل الطرقى الدولى الذى عقد بدبى ان بلاده بصدد تنفيذ هذا المشروع الحيوى الذى سيكون هاما فى مستقبل العراق وتركيا ويعتبر بوابة رئيسية بين العراق وتركيا باعتبارهما البوابة الرئيسية لاوروبا.

وفى تصريح خاص لـ/وام/ اوضح المرديني ان المشروع يتضمن تشييد مائة رصيف بطاقة ما بين 400 الى500 مليون طن سنويا ويتوقع البدء فى التنفيذ خلال هذا العام ويستغرق التنفيذ اربع سنوات تقريبا وبتكلفة تصل الى 80 مليار دولار وقد ارسي تنفيذ المشروع بعد قرار الحكومة العراقية على شركة عراقية مشتركة مع شركة عملاقة امريكية​

this will dwarf UAE's ports :runaway:

anyway it is good for Iraq in the long run if things worked smoothly

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
this is great news i hope that the iraqies can see through these things that america wants the best for iraq.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
lets hope its 80billion dollars for the CITY OF BASRA, then I don't have problems with the contract.

But to spend that much on just the port is such a waste of resources.

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
LMAO wipe out UAE ports?

What a stupid stupid article!

This will fail anyway because who the hell wants to do business in Iraq? I hope it fails at this point. 80 billion in the drain because of stupididy.

H

·
0 Posts
What doesn't make sense? All I said is that imposing something by external force is illegal, like what is happening in Iraq. And I never mentioned any other governments in the ME because they have nothing to do with what we're talking about.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The usa spent $300 bn dollars of american tax money. In return all these nice beatiful contracts and rich oil fields will go to american compaines. The same compaines ran by politicans and the same compaines who pay $$$ for politican campaigns.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hosain85 said:
What doesn't make sense? All I said is that imposing something by external force is illegal, like what is happening in Iraq. And I never mentioned any other governments in the ME because they have nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Bro,

What i'm trying to get at is, the only thing that was enforced in Iraq was the removal of Saddam and the occupation forces remaining there that are by and part mainly Western forces.

If you think there is a puppet regime being installed in Iraq then that is a very cynical opinion on the democratic process in that country and you are entitled to what you believe in.

But trust me the Kurds and the Shiite's are ready to move forward with the new governing body of Iraq and its constitution. The problem is that there are some insurgent forces in Iraq that are both Shia and Sunni that are fighting the Western Occupation force. Along with some crazy fanatic muslim groups that are going around blowing up shit left right and center with road side bombs. I'm not going to get into who was responsible for the Shrine bombings but if some of you think that the US is responsible for the Shrine bombings think again, The US only gains profit when there is peace in Iraq.

Regardless of all of this above, the truth of the matter is there are literally hundreds of Imam's in Iraq that have differing intrepretations as to how the country should be run.. Democracy and an electorial process is the only hope along with unity between the three different sectarian groups.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
#IRAQ: Mosul, city along the Tigris (MEB-V)

Mosul, Iraq

Mosul: Population - 1,739,800

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saint Elijah's Monastery

Mosul Palace

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Interesting pics... i assume the area is in need of devolopment.. i bet once things settle down construction cranes will pop up all over the place lol

·
Awesomeness
1,209 Posts
Pretty sad that the people of Mosul travel to Duhok now for all their shopping and leisure time. A decade again Duhok was a village. Now it's a booming city.

1 - 20 of 516 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.