Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
" Some US Congressmen say the yuan should be revalued by up to 40%."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6678973.stm

They actually want the currency to shoot up another 40 %. Greedy bastards. So I believe with this greedy attitudes, China will not make any concessions. And this visit only lasts for 2 days. They'd better drop that attitude, otherwise no progress will be made.

They seriously need to stop making unrealistic demands, which they know that never can be met. It is the american side that hinder the talk. They refuse to loosen Hi tech export to China, and that results in a massive trade deficit

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I think a deeper appreciation of Yuan is actually necessary for China herself.If we don't allow Yuan to revalue more,Chinese economy might be screwed up by excess liquidity.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
So you don't want america to be greedy [need things] and want all chinese workers to be fired? :D
Pointless.Firing the workers means losing the market and then market value and then stock indice and then Americans' assets.I don't think americans are that stupid.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
" Some US Congressmen say the yuan should be revalued by up to 40%."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6678973.stm

They actually want the currency to shoot up another 40 %. Greedy bastards. So I believe with this greedy attitudes, China will not make any concessions. And this visit only lasts for 2 days. They'd better drop that attitude, otherwise no progress will be made.

They seriously need to stop making unrealistic demands, which they know that never can be met. It is the american side that hinder the talk. They refuse to loosen Hi tech export to China, and that results in a massive trade deficit
China has already made concessions by increasing the Yuan daily trading band prior to the conference. In reality, these "concessions" are necessary for China anyways since there is obviously too much excess liquidity floating around the markets in China. Allowing the Yuan to rise also improves the living standards of ordinary citizens and makes imports of raw materials like oil and minerals cheaper. It would also make foreign companies cheaper to acquire. :D

The American representatives aren't being greedy, they're trying to get re-elected, which means they have somewhat different political motives than the Chinese for their demands.

·
Mosher "K"
1,310 Posts
they tryin 2 do the same trick as they did with japan!!! one hand they tell usa companies to invest much more in china, once the appreciation made, all these companies make so much money, than they will leave the chinese market n the chinese market burst!!! Greedy american, thats how they make money, they make money by selling weapons in 1st n 2nd world war, than rip of the japanese when japan economy was at its height, now they move on their target to china, greedy basturd!!! Hands off China, fuckin bush!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think a deeper appreciation of Yuan is actually necessary for China herself.If we don't allow Yuan to revalue more,Chinese economy might be screwed up by excess liquidity.
If the yuan is to be appreaciate at a higher value, the export will decrease, more import will be cheaper. Some say the trade deficit will be eliminated or even out with the america with high yuan appreaciation. Furthermore, less investments will then flow into china for its more expensive labour and resources available. This is untterly destroying the China's economy and its neighbouring countries', so does its GDP growth. Appreaciation 40% value of yuan is really too much and greedy. And indeed, blood sucking. It is good for the local people amd to cool down the economy, but not good for the asian countries as a whole as well as its long term effects. So, china is not stupid, america is not stupid too. China wants to grow rich, but US wants to be a superpower.

·
Registered
332 Posts
they tryin 2 do the same trick as they did with japan!!! one hand they tell usa companies to invest much more in china, once the appreciation made, all these companies make so much money, than they will leave the chinese market n the chinese market burst!!! Greedy american, thats how they make money, they make money by selling weapons in 1st n 2nd world war, than rip of the japanese when japan economy was at its height, now they move on their target to china, greedy basturd!!! Hands off China, fuckin bush!!!
LOL

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
If the yuan is to be appreaciate at a higher value, the export will decrease, more import will be cheaper. Some say the trade deficit will be eliminated or even out with the america with high yuan appreaciation. Furthermore, less investments will then flow into china for its more expensive labour and resources available. This is untterly destroying the China's economy and its neighbouring countries', so does its GDP growth.
^^ I'm not interested in the rough and unsophiscated estimation.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
could you elaborate it?
China's excess liquidity caused by undervalued yuan and speculation money could evoke an excessive inflation and asset bubbles in China.Take a look at Chinese stock markets for exemple,it's going to be crazy.Modest,constant and bigger appreciation of Yuan can solve the problem,but it should be very careful for avoiding more speculative money.

·
Registered
332 Posts
^^ I'm not interested in the rough and unsophiscated estimation.
Am I wrong?
I believe China's economic planning is even more sophisticated, and that China has done the right way to revalue its currency at slow pace.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I seriously think America can feel free to impose whatever protectionist measures they want, just another scare tactics from the american neocons, it aint gonna work. All the american companies are rushing into China to get a piece of her big market. So we shall see if these intimidation tactics will work.With 10 trillions dollars debt (controlled mostly by China and Japan), I don't know how long america can keep up with this arrogant, greedy attitude.

·
500-Internal Server Error
1,525 Posts
I seriously think America can feel free to impose whatever protectionist measures they want, just another scare tactics from the american neocons, it aint gonna work. All the american companies are rushing into China to get a piece of her big market. So we shall see if these intimidation tactics will work.With 10 trillions dollars debt (controlled mostly by China and Japan), I don't know how long america can keep up with this arrogant, greedy attitude.

$10 trillion dollar debt is not a trouble for America. Even if you double that. We are a $12 trillion dollar economy. We have the biggest and most important corporations of the world. We are still leading in Research and Development. The only problem is China, with its economy growing enormously, is still taking advantage of its undervalued Yuan. In short, China is trying to be Wal-Mart of the world. US, with its trading deficit growing bigger, has to do something with it because its affecting their manufacturing companies. China holds a big percentage of US exports. So US have to start with that first. Anyways, its good thing that Yuan is increasing its value steadily. However, 40% increase is way high. Its like trying to upgrade a Kia Pride to a BMW M3 Series. That will affect the Chinese Economy and the result maybe bad. Btw, I love the way the Chinese National Government implements its economic plan. Its amazing that the Government is involving the other development countries to join with its growth and starts to stay away from its reliance to US and EU.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$10 trillion dollar debt is not a trouble for America. Even if you double that. We are a $12 trillion dollar economy. We have the biggest and most important corporations of the world. We are still leading in Research and Development. The only problem is China, with its economy growing enormously, is still taking advantage of its undervalued Yuan. In short, China is trying to be Wal-Mart of the world. US, with its trading deficit growing bigger, has to do something with it because its affecting their manufacturing companies. China holds a big percentage of US exports. So US have to start with that first. Anyways, its good thing that Yuan is increasing its value steadily. However, 40% increase is way high. Its like trying to upgrade a Kia Pride to a BMW M3 Series. That will affect the Chinese Economy and the result maybe bad. Btw, I love the way the Chinese National Government implements its economic plan. Its amazing that the Government is involving the other development countries to join with its growth and starts to stay away from its reliance to US and EU.

Aha , at least some nice and sensible reply from an american :) I have no problem with american asking to evaluate the currency. But the prob is that 40% , that is way too much. It is like suck blood and kill off China's economy. There are many other countries with undervalued currency like Japan with a trade surplus of about $160 billions last year. Why american has to keep picking on China. China always try to befriend with America. America always think of China as an enemy just because her economy is growing. I believe Chinese people also want a comfortable life like american people. China is not interested in that superpower status whatsoever, all she wants is her people having better lives. The US can keep that title as long as they want.

Thank you for reading :)

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
But the prob is that 40% , that is way too much. It is like suck blood and kill off China's economy. There are many other countries with undervalued currency like Japan with a trade surplus of about $160 billions last year. Why american has to keep picking on China. China always try to befriend with America. America always think of China as an enemy just because her economy is growing. I believe Chinese people also want a comfortable life like american people. China is not interested in that superpower status whatsoever, all she wants is her people having better lives. The US can keep that title as long as they want.

Thank you for reading :)
That figure of 40% is even not what american gov't wants,just several american deputies' idea.

BTW,you're off topic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts