Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are, I could really use your help. This is like looking for a needle in a haystack but I am desperate to find out what happened to my "cottage". It's a pretty sad and kind of long story, but here it is; My Grandparents owned a house in Kuckville NY in Orleans County that was right on lake Ontario for about 50 years. It was the cottage, and from the time that my mom and her siblings were little kids until I was about 10.... almost every weekend from May to September was speant there. Every Fourth of July was spent shooting off fireworks, as was every labor and memorial day. I unfortunetly missed out on the every weekend thing after I was 6 and we moved away, but still got one out of the 4th of July or labor day until a few years ago. That's when things started going downhill. My Grandparent's health is deteriorating so they wouldn't go as much; two of my aunts passed away 2 years to the day from eachother and my family was devistated, so the summers at the cottage got less regular and eventually faded to a random visit by a random person once and a while just to make sure things were holding up and to keep the place clean. Then, in summer 2004, one of my uncles, an alcoholic who at 54 still lives in my grandparents attic and is completely dependant on them; was hit by a truck while riding his bike and went into a coma for over a month. My grandparents who are both in their late 70's, on numerous medications themselves and the only ones who could take care of my uncle had to sell the cottage to pay for his medical bills (the money from the sale barely dented the bills but that is all taken care of now). My grandparents tried to sell the cottage to my mom's best friend, my godmother, so it would essentialy stay in the family, but that didn't work out. Almost any of my remaining aunts and uncles could easily afford to buy the cottage back, but they don't. My mother could not and misses it the most, as do I. I was just curious if anyone who knows the area knows the fate of the house. It had fallen into disrepair, and the breakwall fell into the lake years ago and 60 feet of the beach is gone; but the sentimental value is priceless and worth all of that to me if the house is still their at all. I have a trust fund that I gain access to in about 6 months, I will then move to the Rochester area soon after that. My education is going to be paid for aside from the trust fund, so there is nothing on earth that I would rather spend it on. I just want to know that it is still there. I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if there have been any changes to any homes on Harawyn (not sure of the exact spelling, but it is pronounced like heroine) road in Kuckville?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still looking?

I know you posted this about 10 years ago and maybe already found what you were looking for but I go to a family cottage very close to harwyn road and am familiar with this area for around 10-15 years. If you are still interested just reply and I'll see what I can do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts