·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:weirdo:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Actually this was better than the other ones...Blacks were the largest gain in Charlotte in the 90's :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Charlotte is a VERY black city in alot of areas, most notably the Freeedom drive area, Hidden Valley, Derita and most of University City. Last I heard, Charlotte's about 40% black, 7% Hispanic and 3% Vietnamese, its biggest ethnic populations other than Caucasians or people from one or more races.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it is I heard a story on it recently on npr.com and a lot of brothas and sistas from new york and chicago recently made moves to charlotte and many other parts of north carolina. so I would say yes but Jacksonville Florida is turning into a black mecca also just the whole south other than louisiana and mississippi. I think the only spots in mississippi thats growing with black migration is cary ms. and grenada ms and those areas were not hit that hard by kartina they just had more like a tropical storm. A lot of rain and some wind.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess every large metro in the Southeast is becoming a black mecca, judging from all these threads that are popping up. First it was Houston, then Dallas, then Jacksonville, and now there's one for Charlotte! Hey, I think it's a good thing!

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NaptownBoy said:
What the hell is with all these "black mecca" threads?
C'mon guys, I was being a jackass. It is obvious that many of these threads are for fun.
I guess we were making fun of the original "Black Mecca" threads and now has spread to "Is Detroit the new white mecca" and a latino version for Winston-Salem. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.