Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is Nottingham really a city moving forward in your opinion? I hope Nottingham is seen as one of Englands big cities. If you think Nottingham is doing well (or not) please comment.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
Whether fact contradicts this or not, Nottingham is certainly not seen as one of Englands big cities. It might be a relitavely big city but certainly not on the scale of Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and obviously London.

Nottingham is moving forward, but those developments might be a change for Nottingham but when compared nationally they're really just average; nothing special particularly.

So its doing well for itself but it has a long way to go before it gets anywhere near the sort of status and development of the cities listed above.

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
Well I don't know much about Nottingham other than it has a nice tram system and from the pics you've posted Insignia. It looks like a very nice medium sized city but I'd like you to show us some pictures of the worst parts of the City so we can better judge.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
How the **** can it take a YEAR to rebuild the market Square?????

I mean seriously thats pathetic.

I visit the city every week, have to say im not a fan. Sorry.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm not a fan of Nottingham either. Not a bad place, second largest city in the east midlands after Leicester. Together though they will form a very strong region in the next 5 years.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I don't really know what all the fuss is with this new square, it doesn't look like much will have changed, the only major change I can see will be the addition of the water feature.

I doubt many people will think that it has been worth the wait, as I can't see a huge improvement on the old square.

·
Less is more.
6,213 Posts
Nottingham is nice, I used to go there on a weekly basis. Some nice buildings, the trams look smart and modern and the people are very friendly. One thing I've always noticed though, and it may just be something to do with the time I'm there or whatever but I've never found it to be a busy place, it seemed quiet most of the time. That's not a negative just an observation.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts