1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Luckeey
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Came across this website and article, so I thot of sharing ...:banana:
www.singapore-condos.com

is PSF relevant today in Singapore context?
What should investor consider now that Singapore property market is in 3rd leg up since the boom started in 2006-2007?
What are the price range and areas affected?

Read about it ... and offer your views?

regards,

·
5,198 Posts
I do agree that psf may not be entirely relevant, unless possibly if you are looking to enbloc your property in the future. Affordability, especially when it comes to price to number of rooms ratio, is more important. Of course it does not mean that a 600sqft unit with 3 bedrooms is more worth it, spatial comfort is still important. But I can say that a 900sqft 3 bedroom unit with a good layout, can command a much higher psf and overall value than a 1300sqft one with lots of wasted spaces, odd shaped rooms, and strange crevices.

As early as 10 years ago, I've read articles in the architecture and planning community to move towards volume based calculation of spatial quantities in urban development to encourage more creative and effective usage of space. This means that instead of GFA, we may have GFV, and pcf/pcm instead of psf/psm. Of course there are arguments for an against this. But it proves that slowly this old and traditional system is constantly being challenged and redefined. But like any industrial standard like typewriters to computer keyboards, and wagons to cars. I guess the psf still have certain value as a gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts