SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heat fans do you think at age 34, Shaq is washed up? Could it be that the Lakers made the right choice to trade Shaq? Another thought for Heat fans do you think the team with Odom, Butler, and Wade was more fun to watch than this new team with Shaq? heat fans break down your thoughts on this subject and do you think the Heat can defeat a game Bulls team?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Shaq still has some juice left in the tank, but he's been in foul trouble both games in Chicago. This (and last year's team) are both better than one when Odom was here. However this off season, they really need to go out and find a guy who can knock down an open 3 point shot on a consistant basis. D Jones was able to do that last year, but Walker and Posey are too streaky. Nevertheless, they'll defeat the Bulls 4-2 in this series because they're a more talented team than the yound Bulls and I'm skeptical to see a team continue to drain long range jump shots so easily over a 6 game period. Sooner or later, its going to be brick city. The Heat will when the series 4-2.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats true but I think Van Gundy liked the Odom, Butler, Wade team more because he help mode them into an up in coming team all they needed was a big man who could rebound and block shots because Wade is a true superstar. They was a young team now they look kind of Old and Gary Payton is back in his cancer mode again.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I wouldn't go that far, last year's team was far superior to the one of 2003. They were a Wade injury and 2 minutes away from beating Detroit to go to the finals. Without Shaq, this team wouldn't be any better than the Lakers or New Jersey Nets. Decent teams, but no realistic chance to win a championship. Shaq, even in his decline brings that chance, at least for another year or two. I also think the Gary Payton/Dwayne Wade thing isn't a big deal. Word is he told Dwayne to stop playing timid and take the shot. Wade's got to step it up (like in 2003 & 2004), if the Heat wants to go deep into the playoffs.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I wouldn't say he's washed up though he is not what he once was either. Last year's Heat team was probably better though this one is more "talented". Last year's team played defense and could hit outside shots. Obviously Payton was a mistake and he is probably playing his last few games with the Heat. He can't play defense like he used to and hasn't been able to score in years and to top it all off he has a big mouth and complains alot. Walker was signed to provide the occasional scorer off the bench but has been forced into big minutes due to the fact that Posey and the Anderson's have been awful. Plus don't under-estimate how much Mourning injury has hurt the team defense. Mourning, when healty is probably the most effective and intimidating shot blocker in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
From the get go i disliked this team, im not a walker or williams or payton fan so I was against bringing them here in the offseason. I would've rather had the same team from last year and maybe we could've tried harder to get finley or artest, now that would've been a good team.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Finley alone would have been the difference. All they need is one guy who can knock down the open three on a consistant basis and skies the limit. Anyway, they better hurry up because Shaq only has about another 2 productive seasons in him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me I like the Odom team better because they was younger all they needed was Zo to that bunch and that team could have been like the pistons of 2004 they was fun to watch think about it they almost upset the pacers in that series.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
soulbro said:
Me I like the Odom team better because they was younger all they needed was Zo to that bunch and that team could have been like the pistons of 2004 they was fun to watch think about it they almost upset the pacers in that series.
I guess I spoke too soon Shaq looked like the old SHaq tonight if he plays like that the heat will beat the pistons because Ben Wallace cant guard Shaq.
but I think they play Lebron first if they win their series. I think the heat will win that series in 5 games.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shaq and Wade will get their championship this year heat in 6 over the nets and heat in 6 over the pistons. and heat in 7 over the clippers.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
go heat!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
even though the heat won the finals shaq do look like he is on his last legs he average only 13ppg and 10rpg in the finals which are way down from his finals numbers with the lakers.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Dallas hacked-a-Shaqed him the entire series. Doing that allowed them to rack up fouls putting them in the penalty pretty quick. Once in the penalty, most of the time, Riley removed and repleced him with better free throw shooters. End result is this opened the door for Wade to go off and opened opportunities to role players like Haslem and Mourning to contribute. While, the Big Fella may not play like he's 24 (and he shouldn't be expected to) he's still the best center in the league and bringing home championships. Until Kobe wins one for the Lakers, the Heat got the best of that move.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts