SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
SketchUp is a nice and easy to use software to create 3D models. Some architecture firms use it to test design decisions, but it's too limited to be really 'architecture's software'.

You're not able to create (vector) drawings. If you'd like to know what kind of software architecture firms use: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino are top choices. If you want to know what architectural visualisation offices use (this is an entirely different branch): 3DS Max is most for modelling, and Vray for rendering.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SketchUp is a really effective 3D modeling software and can be used for a variety of drawing needs. It can be useful for those who are engaged in the field of interior design, architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, filmography and game design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure about this one. Seems to me that there is a big gap between Sketchup and actual CAD programs, both being unsuitable (civil engineers don't like SketchUp, and AutoCad is pain in the ass for architects).

There are good 3d morphing programs, and some fine design sketchup light weight programs, where architect's general idea can be easily presented.

But nothing can substitute good old cad, or 3d oriented cad programs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently compare autocad and sketchup. the sketchup is too heavy that makes the PC slowing down but autocad is little bid faster. While Sketchup is covering only 64-bit OS but old version of autocad is covering both 32 and 64 bit environment. However, I have a question, i recently downloaded autocad (site used: http://www.filerabit.com/2016/06/download-autocad.html) and got "Don't Send" error box, can someone tell me how to fix it?

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Ed Chigliak
30 Posts
As far as I know, none of the architects I know don't use SketchUp professionally.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

Mucho menos trabajado que tu Render jaja, un par de bosquejos de mi casa que hice en el Sketch Up Web, el balcón no existe aún asi que nos sirve para ver como quedaría. La primera vez que lo usaba, muy intuitivo.
I was bored so i made this draft of my house on Sketch Up, the wooden deck is still in Construction so it helps to give an idea of how it´ll look. Its my first time using it.

Real House 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was bored so i made this draft of my house on Sketch Up, the wooden deck is still in Construction so it helps to give an idea of how it´ll look. Its my first time using it.

Real House 😂
Interesting example... I like it... Mmmmmmm... Maybe I'll try design my house too... ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts