SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
-
9,699 Posts
Isn't it fantastic we all know which country you come from... ;)

Here in the Netherlands it's legal. I couldn't think off this country with laws (and police) that would ban things like smoking outside.

·
A B C
3,105 Posts
I wish it wasn't legal in my city. Smoking sucks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I thought u had to leave earth to have a cigarette now a days. Nah in Raleigh its legal to smoke in public, there is a supposed no smoking in bars law but theyre usually filled with smoke anyways. Im a smoker and im sorry if i offend you for doing so but it helps me get through these stressfull days.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
In Sydney, alot of Pubs and clubs have designated smoking areas (pokies room, balcony). Some don't allow it at all and some just don't care about the new laws and just allow smoking anywhere (not many though).

Apparently workplaces are cracking down too. I saw on the news one company has stopped letting its employees smoke directly outside the building. They gave them nicotine patches and such.

I think the new laws are excellent. I'm having trouble quitting smoking. When i was at the pub i would smoke like a chimney, now i need to go out side so i have cut down alot.

When you think about it, it's amazing these things are actually legal! If i had to choose a drug to be legal, it certainly wouldnt be bloody cigarettes.

They do absolutely NOTHING for you, drug wise, and most importantly they completely **** up your health.

But it's still a nice taxable drug none the less. Isnt it.

·
7,925 Posts
smoking laws are a load of crap. It isn't illegal to obtain ciggarettes but it is illegal to smoke in bars.
I didn't vote for bloomberg, so when i am in a bar i smoke inside until they tell me to leave and then i don't patronize them anymore. The bars i usually go to allow it. It's also easy to sneak ciggarettes at the club. Walking down the street i smoke as well.
And i swear if anyone told me to not, or that it bothers them, being the alienating bitch that i am, that smoke would get blown right in their snide faces.
As you can tell i am very considerate.
Don't like it? Walk away.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nygirl said:
smoking laws are a load of crap. It isn't illegal to obtain ciggarettes but it is illegal to smoke in bars.
I didn't vote for bloomberg, so when i am in a bar i smoke inside until they tell me to leave and then i don't patronize them anymore. The bars i usually go to allow it. It's also easy to sneak ciggarettes at the club. Walking down the street i smoke as well.
And i swear if anyone told me to not, or that it bothers them, being the alienating bitch that i am, that smoke would get blown right in their snide faces.
I have a feeling you're a Bill Hicks fan...;)

·
spaghetti polonaise
8,867 Posts
Here in Hamburg:
- pubs, bars and restaurants can decide for themselves wether to ban smoking or not.
- smoking at the office workplace is forbidden. Smokers have to go to dedicated restrooms or outside.
- smoking in the metro, busses and in tunnel stations is not allowed.
- smoking in public is in general allowed.

·
A B C
3,105 Posts
alesmarv said:
Why dont people like you just learn to live with it, you dont see me asking you to drive less so I dont have to breath in those toxic fumes :)
I didn't ask you not to smoke. I just said smoking sucks. BTW I don't drive.

·
Premium Member
84,387 Posts
nygirl said:
LOL! You have a fan club, nygirl! I am a member! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Jeez, do you have any idea how long it took us to get this cheerleader
routine down pat? Watch us.... we make no mistakes.....
I am not a smoker, but I kind of miss the smell of smoke in a bar nowadays.
It is part of going to a bar... that and drinking.

·
*Made in Estonia*
1,105 Posts
In Germany its legal to smoke on public places but its not allowed to smoke in subway stations or in the subway.

In some citys you have to pay if you throw your cigarette or your chewing gum on the street if police or so called "Ordnungsamt" catch you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In Toronto i think there passing a law that doesn't allow workers to smoke on there employer's property. So instead of going out front of your building you have to get of the property. I don't agree with that. Why don't they set up an area within the office building where people can smoke, especially for those cold days in the winter.

·
head up funny boy
2,646 Posts
it is absolutely ok to forbid smoking in public biuldings such as airports etc, it is ok to say "this is a not smoking restaurant or pub" but:

it should be the decision of the pub or restaurant owner if smoking is allowed or not...

imagine a pub where drinking whiskey is allowed but not to smoke? i cant!...

i also agry that people have to pay if they just throw their cigarette or chewing gum on the street..

as for forbiding smoking while walking... :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: something like that is unacceptable... how idiotic..

·
Registered
985 Posts
Westsidelife said:
Smoking DOES SUCK!!! And it also affects everyone around you! Second hand smoke does a lot of damage! If you're gonna smoke, don't do it near me. YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK!

What about you? Living in LA you probably driving a car, what about all the shit your car ejaculates into the atmosphere, it's doing the same amount of damage. Im against smoking too, for the record, but I cant judge because I drive and I use a fireplace in winter.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.