SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago, there was a posting here about a proposed set of 40 and 50 storey condos for the Fairview area. I believe someone said the project had been voted down due to NIMBYs. Is that the case, or is there some life in it yet? It's a terrific idea, and would provide more of an impetus for the subway extension to STC.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
The city has already rejected this project because it's too large scaled for the area. I don't any problem with it, it's just condo towers that will add density and increase the Sheppard subway line riders. I believe they are going for a OMB hearing.

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
well i don't understand why they would think that it's too large a development...it would dense up the area a whole lot more...but maybe there will be something else in store for that area

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
rapideye95 said:
well i don't understand why they would think that it's too large a development...it would dense up the area a whole lot more...but maybe there will be something else in store for that area
I guess it's because it's the tallest thing in sight out there. The towers are 48, 42,42,42,39,39,39s and I believe a few more shorter towers. The tallest thing out there in that area is the NY Towers( :bash: ) being 420? ft. I would hate to see all these buildings be listed under the "never built" category on emporis. :(

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
Guys I dont think you should be mad at the city for this one. This was an massive project in somewhat of an odd spot, it was inevitable that it would be rejected.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
DrJoe said:
Guys I dont think you should be mad at the city for this one. This was an massive project in somewhat of an odd spot, it was inevitable that it would be rejected.
Yeah, I never really took this proposal seriously, Emporis never should of added it to its database.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
This project would make much more sense if it was by Yonge or Sheppard. Even in front of Bayview Village would be a great location for it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Last I heard it was heading to the OMB under a modified plan. Never heard anything since. This was about 3 or 4 months ago from someone high up in the company that I emailed and tryed to con into giving me information.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
BTW, It's not dead (at least I don't think it is) because it's still listed on their website.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Despute with the city over development charges, but it might have been resolved recently. But since the zoning is already in place, it's only a matter of time before something gets built.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
thats great. will the be offering crap tire money back on cash purchase of units?

200K X 3% could be very lucrative. $6K in crap tire money could definatley

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
"wtf is going on with the Crap Tire Sheppard development?"

Canadian Tire and the developer(s) (Monarch Construction - 80% sure) parted ways - they now plan on creating up their own development team

1 - 15 of 15 Posts