SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
It is visible from my rooftop in Palos Hills and from a few other locations around my neighborhood. It's really small though, I live 16 miles southwest of the Loop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there a lot of hispanics in your neighborhood? Im Mexican and I was wondering that cause usually I hear Mexicans living "en la ventiseis" and in Cicero but I guess my Paisas aren't liking the "the Ghetto"

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
I'm Mexican and moved to Palos Hills in 4th garde. My parents admittedly moved to Palos Hills from Summit because of gangs (Latin Kings). My neighborhood is mostly white (Irish, Polish, Greek) with a growing Arab population as the Bridgeview Mosque is only about 10 minutes away. But my parents took us to 26th and 18th streets on a weekly basis for our mexican staples. That is no longer needed though because now you can get most of the same basic supplies at any Jewel or Dominick's grocery store in the metro area.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Skycraper Freak said:
but I guess my Paisas aren't liking the "the Ghetto"
where is "the Ghetto"?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I live in the Superdorms on State and Congress, so not only can I see the skyline, but I AM part of the skyline. I am actually looking at the Sears Tower while I am typing this :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Latoso said:
I'm Mexican and moved to Palos Hills in 4th garde. My parents admittedly moved to Palos Hills from Summit because of gangs (Latin Kings). My neighborhood is mostly white (Irish, Polish, Greek) with a growing Arab population as the Bridgeview Mosque is only about 10 minutes away. But my parents took us to 26th and 18th streets on a weekly basis for our mexican staples. That is no longer needed though because now you can get most of the same basic supplies at any Jewel or Dominick's grocery store in the metro area.
Thats nice man. Im from Michoacan and where in Mexico are you from (your parents). You can still see the skyline from that subburb? Man Chicago does have a large skyline! P

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
So your family is from the Michigan of Mexico? I just say that because one of my gringo friends saw a car from there in Chicago and after seeing the license asked, " what was Mexico doing with Michigan Plates?" He saw where it said MICH MEX. But my family is from right next door to yours. They are from San Juan de Los Lagos, Jalisco.

If I ever get a digital camera and learn to post pics on the forum I'll post the pics of the skyline from here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My favorite long distance view from the suburbs is on roosevelt road in Lombard and villa park, the road goes over a hill and you can see the entire skyline on the horizon until the end of the hill, pretty cool. Off topic, I know.

·
muted
7,080 Posts
I can't see the skyline from my windows because I'm only on the 3rd floor. But, considering that I live about 3 miles north of the Loop, I can easily see parts of the skyline poking out above and between buidings when I'm walking around.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
are you asking if the skyline is visible from where i live or is the ghetto visible from where i lived. i'm so confused.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Until they built that stupid condo just south of me and blocked my view I could see it from my kitchen window, but all my other windows face the wrong way, but if I step into out onto the street, I see pretty clearly the hancock building as I live directly 2 miles west of it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
skyline is visible from Berwyn if you look down Ogden Ave, or are on any bridge overpasses, or elevated stations. Berwyn is roughly 8 miles from the Loop.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I can see basically all of the Gold Coast and N. Michigan Ave. I have a great full view of the Hancock Center, which was a big selling point since that is my favorite building. I can see all the way down La Salle to the CBT. Unfortunately, I cannot see the Sears Tower or the Aon Center.

·
Cynical post-collegiate
937 Posts
Most of the time, I can't. However, when I'm transferring to the Red Line from the 55, I get a nice skyline panorama. When I'm waiting for the Metra train to rumble past the Hyde Park or the 56-57-58 stop, I can see the skyline.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
edsg25 said:
are you asking if the skyline is visible from where i live or is the ghetto visible from where i lived. i'm so confused.
Yeah man tell me if you can see the ghetto. Can you? You probably live in a little apartment where all you can see is the street and homeless people.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
There's a lot of mid rise condos that block my view, in order to see it I need to walk west about half a block and the JHC will poke out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts