SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard the Channel 8 (Local NBC News) station teaser for tonight’s feature?

Paraphrasing- “Hurricane and High-rise Dangers! How Safe Are You? Just because your feet are above the water does not mean you are safe! Can these Buildings Collapse? We will tell you tonight…” I hope the actual story is a little more fair than the trailer sounded.

Last week they were all over covering the sinkhole problems in the area. The week before that is was a story about the condo investment bubble bursting. What’s next?

:bash:

·
Registered
289 Posts
if there is any station that likes to trash our urban core, from the condo projects to the trolley, it is WFLA. They have ran stories from "condo market bubble?"....to the warning that the trolley would bleed us of taxes, almost to the point that it seems like they have someone else's agenda....and all of these stories pretty much turned out to be nothing more than filler, the condo market didnt burst in 05' and the trolley has been a success compared to any other mass transit idea the tampa bay area has had....

·
Registered
51 Posts
They are only doing it just to stir up some shits so they can actually said it is news. They got nothing better to do. I've stop watching them several years ago. Now I watch Bay News 9 or Fox 13.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.