SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to insert an image of it from the arsenal site, but i was wondering whether the clear space under the roof of the new emirates stadium is empty space or glass. If there is going to be nothing there then i imagine it would be uncomfortable sitting near the top with exposure to the wind. I think it looks like glass on the picture which would be okay but can anyone verify this? Thanks. This site has a clear picture of it.
http://www.stadiumguide.com/ashburtongrove.htm

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sparks said:
the bottom section is glass but the top is clear.
Two condradicting views. You mean the space where all the wind would be sucked in over people is clear? If this is true it would be very bad planning. The reebok stadium is not enclosed either and a few people have told me it is uncomfortable sitting near the top.

·
1,227 Posts

The section will open to allow wind to come into the stadium to help the pitch with the glass section protecting the fans from rain and the strongest winds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, that picture shows the detail a lot clearer. If it turns out like that picture it will be one fine stadium and it's about time a London team had a decent stadium for visiting vans to come to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.