Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i reallt dont see why dubai has to be split into half.

this is what i would propose...

1 dubai development subforum (like UAE Development)

in here, keep all the tower sub forums, and place the projects in there as well. like the OQYANA project at the moment.

add another subforum for projects which arent catogorised by any of the sub forums.

this way all the Dubai stuff will be together, insted of split. i havent seen anywhere else on SSC where it is split this way, and i really cant see the logic in keeping them seperated.

this way, if somone see's the OQYANA project and likes it, they want more info on the world, it will all be together, and easier to use.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Krazy: isn't it so already?
We have a "UAE Project Development" and inside of it is "Dubai Project Development"
and then we have "UAE Projects & Towers: Projects & Towers in the other Emirates"

DUBAI: you mean that we should mix towers & projects and put them together?

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i think they should all be together.. i realy dont see how they are different. there are already projects in the tower section, why have half in there and half here?

they wont be that lost, in fact they will be easier to find than the ones in here.

essentialy, i want to move this to be a subforum of Dubai tower development...which then becomes dubai development.

we then take out projects which can be placed in the sub forums which already exist.

for example...Dubai mall goes in with the burj dubai...this is logial as the 2 are connected.

the waterfront, world and palm threads can go in with offshore development [possibly even sticky them in there]

stuff like the airport expansion can be kept in a development subforum for other projects.

it will simply make it easier having everything together.

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
DUBAI has a point here. If we have a Burj Dubai Development subforum why do we divide them into two? One in Dubai Tower Development and the other in Dubai Prject Development.

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
i thought having single towers separated from massive "hundred-towers+" complexes is more structured than mixing complexes and single towers together

tower threads for specific discussions about a tower
project threads for general discussions about the whole complex

people who don't visit frequently see that projects & towers are separated, easier for them to navigate

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
thats it.
i think it is easier to navigate when everything is kept how it is.
another possibility would be for example:
Dubai Development - Burj Dubai & SZR ... - and then divide Projects and Towers.
would be complicated, but structured at least.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
yes keep it plz

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, i have an idea to merge the sections.

but im not sure how to explain it.
ill work on it.

iit just looks a bit strange having 2 dubai sections on the main page. perhaps still keep the sections seperate, but under a single heading.

no other area of ssc is organised like this, its a strange division.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the way it is now, better overview, much more clear to me. There's already so much going on in Dubai only, that I can't follow the other emirates...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.