SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHC is 36 storeys, about the same height as one of the FYN towers. I'm not sure because there is no such building as WHC on emporis. The site of WHC is somewhere west of the CN tower which is also where FYN is. And the name West Harbour "City" makes me think that there will be more than one tower. I'm kind of hoping that its not FYN because I don't want to see 10 towers that look exactly the same. Don't get me wrong I like the rendering but I think it just looks good on its own and not have 10 duplicates of it.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
"WHC is 36 storeys, about the same height as one of the FYN towers."

The Fort York Neighbourhood is not a development but a masterplan for the area. WHC is 4 blocks of the masterplan which includes 4 to 5 towers

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"dude its close to malibu,atlantis,aquarius etc you can see the big sign(whc) off the
gardiner same hood."

Dood, I know its in the same area as all those other condo towers, I just don't know what street or intersection it will be on which I do now. And btw I don't go on the Gardiner, I live in downtown.

"The Fort York Neighbourhood is not a development but a masterplan for the area. WHC is 4 blocks of the masterplan which includes 4 to 5 towers"
That's good news, the more towers, the merrier.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow, that area in the future will have a nice, consistant, row of buildings in the 20's and 30 stories. Not quite as dense or a true skyline but a row of condo buildings
And don't count out the buildings being developed in King West which will extend the skyline even more. Battery Park is expected to have two more phases both 33 stories and there's something in the 30's on Lynn Williams.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think this building looks great. It's a nice contrast from all the other glass buildings in the area. I still don't get where it is though. There's signage on the Molson building but is that where the building is going to go?

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
The intersection doesn't exist yet - somewhere around the western part of the molsons building - yes, the old plant will be demolished and the cement factory relocated to the portlands by 2006

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks like a cross between Citygate in Mississauga and the Rental tower going up at Bay and Wellesley.

I hope they light the crown similar to Citygate in Mississauga. I really like this tower because finally we have something with a much more solid urban feel to it than many of the 'lighter' class curtain wall vancouver style condos going up all alonong the waterfront (WaterParkCity, Malibu, Cityplace, 18 Yonge, Infinity, Waterclub etc)

Variety is the spice of life and finally this is something different in a neighbourhood that was beginning to look like a mini vancouver on the T.O. Waterfront.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I read somewhere that the developer submitted its plans to an architectural peer review board which it assembled. A few changes were suggested, the developer complied, and, needless to say, the city was thrilled that they took such initiative.

I really like the bulk of the Fort York buildings going up; none of this 2 or 3 storey podium crap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.