1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Isibaya House
FLOORS: 11
HEIGHT: ?
USE: Mixed Use (Residential, Commercial, Retail)
From http://www.circlevest.co.za/

Reputable property companies Atterbury Property and Circlevest Properties have once again pooled resources in their latest joint venture, I sibaya House, an 11-storey building. This trendy office-to-residential-refurbishment at 84 Marshall Street is located on the corners of Marshall, Anderson and Simmonds Streets in the heart of the city's financial district and on the border of the new Gauteng Provincial Government Precinct.

The ground and first floors of the building will be dedicated to office and retail space. The ten remaining floors will consist of 101 modern, affordable and stylish apartments including studio, one bedroom and rooftop deluxe units.

Isibaya House was originally built in 1964 for the Metal Industries Group. It made headlines in the industry at the time as the materials and building processes used, deviated from the norm. Extensive reinforced concrete was used in specific areas such as lift shafts and a service tower.

Chic, contemporary architecture that incorporates African design principles with quality specs and finishes will be used throughout the development. Isibaya House is set for completion in the first half of 2007. It boasts spectacular views of the city, 24-hour access control and a fully equipped laundry facility.

Isibaya House offers 100 secure basement parking bays with direct access to lifts from each basement floor. Not only does this add to the tight security planned for the building but also increases the convenience for residents who would prefer parking in the building.

In addition, investors have the option to become involved in an exciting and lucrative income pool investment model. It's hassle-free, simple and low risk and is one of the overwhelmingly attractive features of the Isibaya House development.

So hurry. Prices start at around R330,000 and only R25,000 deposit secures your unit!

Why the name Isibaya?

'Isibaya' means cattle enclosure or kraal and the name Isibaya House suggests a place of residence and safety close to the kraal.

Since Isibaya House falls within the Financial and Mining District and is so close to the proposed Provincial Government District, the developers have drawn creative analogies between the purpose the kraal serves in traditional African life and the location of Isibaya House.

It must be remembered that the most important part of any African village, is the kraal, just as the Financial, Mining and Government districts are important to the Jo'burg inner city. The proposed Government Precinct is to be called The Kopanong Precinct (meeting place in Tswana) and since most of the social and political interaction of the villagers takes place within the kraal area, so too will the social and political interaction in the CBD take place close to Isibaya House.

The isibaya (cattle kraal) and the traditional African cattle are symbolically objects or symbols of wealth, so too are the many corporate buildings housed within this financial, mining, social and political district.

The name Isibaya House as well as the modern African design theme, emphasizes the developers' commitment to the African renaissance and the understanding of African traditions and history.

·
Banned
2,633 Posts
so cheap!. Damn, Cape Town is hellish expensive compared to Jozi!! Ive got to get in there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Have a look at the size of the floorplans... Who, but investors will buy them? If you want people to have pride in where they live then owner-occupiers is who you target. A wait 'n see on this one. Slums of 2moro- I hope I'm wrong.

·
Afritect
4,402 Posts
oh wait think ive been there mmmmm.... went to check another development in the cbd opposite the carlton its a new development too got pics

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Yes, they have. Me and my 4 other buddies are owning an apartment there for investment purposes. Well the place is not yet fully rented buy jah its getting there. I love it.

Shop at the ground floor are currently being done. A tailor, if not mistaken, has moved in already and his shop is very attractive. I just can't wait for all the shops to be opened.

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
It looks like it is coming alive!

Exterior pretty standard - at least it is clean and fresh...

Cuppino's - very good coffee - and according to management they will soon be staying open later.

Even a truck/taxi/car wanted to crash the party

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
There are 2 other spaces that contractors are busy with in this building. I'm posetive that one of them is gonna be a resturant. Jakes when did you go there?

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
I will be having breakfast with my team there tommorow morning. The good things about all these developments is that people are supporting Coffee shop, resturants etc. The city just have to make sure that it attracts people during the weekends.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
A new African resturant will be opened this month. Final touches are being made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
High price for RDP houses

Have a look at the size of the floorplans... Who, but investors will buy them? If you want people to have pride in where they live then owner-occupiers is who you target. A wait 'n see on this one. Slums of 2moro- I hope I'm wrong.
It was slums from the very beginning: I rented in Isibaya house, JHB, when it was BRANDNEW. The place was highly expensive for the size. Kitchen Cupboards were falling of the walls. The light bulbs did not last - costed a fortune and was unobtainable in JHB.The lights and air extractor was on the same switch, which means both was running, even when you needed only the one. The neighbours smells, were pumped INto my apartment, through the extractor. On moving in, I spent forever to get the wood dust out under the cupboards. The window frames were rusted. Water ran into the lifts. Filth dripped onto my car and smelled very bad in the basement.

And Circlevest just ignored you.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
That's news to me, we never had any issue with CircleVest and they are very good in terms of communication. Yes the prices are a bit out of the place but we still believe that it was a worthwhile investment even thought we only gonna reap the benefits in a few years to come.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts