SkyscraperCity banner

ISIS Manchester

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Like 'Berg'
6,754 Posts
I don't like this...

That was the impression I had of it the last time I looked at it on the forum, then looking at the above pics, I'm struggling to see why :| It's superb, great angles on the high rise element, like the industrial vibe its got going too.. a great addition

7.5/10

·
New Nottingham!
11,919 Posts
A very interesting building. Like the different angles alot and the cladding is great. The only thing I don't really like is the black window frames.
Apart from that tiny little criticism it's a great building. I really didn't like it when I first saw it but now it's complete it looks fantastic. 9/10.

·
wiggledypiggleypuddinghed
13,066 Posts
I love this.

You have to remember this: try and imagine this was clad in the usual grey or plastic that most appartments are built of these days, then imagine it in that ex-industrial riverside setting photo above. It would look awful and alien to its surroundings, and probably look cheap. This is like a modern day mill conversion - that was never a conversion.

while it may be quirky, it will always look as good as it does today, unlike other types of cladding.

That said, from a distance it really really stands out on manchesters skyline (which perhaps highlights the lack of current skyline density), and such a colour may look a little unusual when u zoom out and look at the skyline in full.

overall 9/10 :)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
It looks great,never really noticed it before when have been to Manc, dissagree with Wiggly in that I have not seen it on the skyline ,I visit Manchester a lot .but then again I always aproach the city from the west where its not visible,I also dont think it would be that noticable in the city centre due to the density ,there are taller buildings there that dont stand out .I think I have only noticed it in shots taken from COMS where it does stand out due to its isolation. Love the colour and angles, works well with the road below,not sure about the back until I see it for real.BTW they like their jut outs in Manc! 8/10

·
3,633 Posts
It looks great in all of the photos apart from the first one. The front elevation looks as if it has been burnt or something. I reckon some thin horizontal windows would have looked better there.

This is the first time I've seen photos of it so it's quite a surprise. 9/10.

·
Mancunian Member
7,182 Posts
Tis just the copper oxidising, give it time it will look superb!

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Looked better in the renders. Not sure what to think of it though. It certainly is interesting but the cladding just looks a bit iffy! 8/10

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The podium between the two blocks contains car parking and retail units and also provides elevated private and communal gardens. The development contains a good proportion of large 3 and 4 bedroom units with the duplex 4-bedders boasting private gardens at podium level. You can just make out the dividing garden fencing in the second picture, above.

Its this combination of interesting architecture, a quality finish and sustainable features that really sets this one apart from the crowd for me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like it. The cladding looks good overall, it has a nice design (refreshingly not just a block) and is well located.

My only criticism would be what I suppose is the rear of the main tower - the view in the first picture in fact, not too keen on that part. Otherwise, very nice indeed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts