Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To begin with I am an atheist so I favour no one's imaginary friend over anyone else's - they are all imaginary. So today I was reading the comments on an article from The Economist (I read the article previously in print) and was curious at how critical the most highly rated comments were of Islam - The Economist readership is far more liberal than that of the Daily Mail, Daiky Telegraph et al. So I was curious what people here who live in multi ethnic, cosmopolitan London think?

Here's the article:

The tragedy of the Arabs

http://www.economist.com/news/leade...ead-world-ruinsand-only-locals-can-rebuild-it

The main discussion points I have observed are mainly focused on running economically successful countries however there are points that could be considered on the individual level if you are less familiar with the edonomic situation of the middle east...

Does Islam displace the importance of the secular world so much that its adherents are put at a disadvantage in the modern world, e.g. studying the Quran all day at school could be a distraction.

Does ramadan undermine the ability of the faithful to compete against non fasting colleagues?

Does praying five times a day undermine the ability of the faithful to compete against non Muslim colleagues?

I would be interested in your thoughts, and please talk about other imaginary friends, Jesus, Budah, Flying Spaghetti Monster... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.