SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 11270 Posts

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
When is the ground breaking ceremony going to take place. Any pictures for the proposed project. Someone wrote in THE NEWS it was going to be named as FATIMA JINNAH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT?

Mod Edit:

Benazir Bhutto (New Islamabad) International Airport, Islamabad, Pakistan

Key Data:
Order Year 2005
Project Type New greenfield airport
Location Islamabad, Pakistan
Estimated Investment $400m, PKR37bn
Completion 2011–2012

Key Players:
Sponsor
PCAA, Prime Minister's office

Designers and Contractors
ADPI (Aéroports de Paris ingénierie)
Acorp
Mushtaq and Bilal Mahboob Associates
CPG Corporation
National Engineering Services Pakistan (pvt) Ltd
Louis Berger Group
ECIL (Engineering Consultants International Ltd)
Lagan Construction
Husnain Co

Financing
PCAA, build operate transfer (BOT) basis

Traffic:
Passengers Nine million a year

Source: http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/benazir-bhutto/

Source: http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/benazir-bhutto/

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
no Fatima Jinnah is fine she deserves some credit!

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Hola
12,619 Posts
Fatima Jinnah is fine aslong as people dont get confused with Jinnah International (Karachi)

Would'nt 'Islamabad International Airport' be fine?

·
Registered
115 Posts
without Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan we wouldn't been able to produce any nuclear weapons we are saved becuase of him. because of him we are one of eight nuclear nations

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
that not true the chinese would have armed us either way

·
Hola
12,619 Posts
mardan said:
without Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan we wouldn't been able to produce any nuclear weapons we are saved becuase of him. because of him we are one of eight nuclear nations
If he wouldnt have transferred Nuclear Tech., he would still be a "Hero" to Pakistanis.

·
quit wasting my time !!
3,900 Posts
I think Sir Syed's contribution to our muslim subcontinental nation was much more than that of Fatima Jinnah's. He led the way for the muslims during the days of the british rule and reconciled us with the government after the war of Independence had left us vary of the raj. If he hadnt been there, we might have still be lurking wayy far behind.
Fatima Jinnah may have worked for women and provided moral support to the new Pakistan and to Quaid-e-Azam Mr. Jinnah, but I think that the impact of what Sir Syed did was far greater.

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well don't get excited you people. I just read in the newspaper in which the new Defence Secretary has been quoted as saying that not enough funds are there to carry out such a project. Although the PM very keen to start it right away. It also said that ground breaking ceremony was expected in the first week of April but it may be delayed now.
What do u think about naming the airport as AYUB KHAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT or LIAQUAT ALI KHAN INTERNATIONAL or may be KING FAISAL INTERNATIONAL.

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well we have named many things after him:
King Faisal Mosque, Faisalabad etc.
I have heard he provided initial funding for our nuke programme?

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I think "ISLAMABAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT" IS THE BEST NAME.
But the most important issue here is not the name of the airport, is the project ever going to be started? I am hearing of it since 1999 and not a single step has been taken since then?(This is what I think)

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have searched for any such news swerveut, i cant seem to find anything ... nor can i find any update on the project for that matter. I'll try and look something up ... I certainly hope they have not shelved this ... Islamabad badly needs this airport !!

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
its not shelved we are just having problems because of the damned F-16's and Erieye awacs or the E-2 whatever they pick. These buys are well off the goverments 3 billion budget for arms

1 - 20 of 11270 Posts