SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 11333 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well Rawalpindi International may not be bad either, after Islamabad is the new name of Rawalpindi and I love Rawalpindi because it is my city.

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Nawaz Khan said:
Well Rawalpindi International may not be bad either, after Islamabad is the new name of Rawalpindi and I love Rawalpindi because it is my city.
Well Islamabad is not the new name of Rawalpindi. I hope u did not mean to say it. :weirdo:

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
That was a weird situation above lol

anyways

it doesnt matter to me what its called as long its not relating to arabs. Isloo INTL or Liaqat Intl doesnt matter its the modernization of the airport and sheer size and quality.

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Musharraf to lay foundation stone
(DAWN) ISLAMABAD, - President Pervez Musharraf will lay the foundation stone of the New Islamabad International Airport near Fatehjang in the second or third week of May, it is learnt. The new airport which will be one of the most prestigious projects of Pakistan will cost several billions of rupees for which the relative plans are being finalized. The decision to construct the new airport was made last month by Prime Minister Mr. Shaukat Aziz. The foundation stone will be laid next month after the farmers whose land has been acquired will harvest their winter crop. The new airport which will be completed within a period of four to five years will provide the most latest civil aviation facilities. (PPI) (Posted @ 16:45 PST)

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
Its Pakistan! Things take time

·
I Support Pakistan Army
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
NewYork-wala said:
Its May 24th and we have yet to see the ground breaking... Are you guys sure this is geniuine?
The report is genuine. But the project seems a fantasy...

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Okay, first PTC went down, then Bahria's Lake City plan (according to Pakboy), and now Islamabad airport too ? LOL!

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
This is a laughing matter for you?

This is obviously a problem thats going to keep us at a standstill forever

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
This is crazy!

At this rate it will never be built

·
Banned
697 Posts
What I cant understand is the lack of any kind of news.. I never read anything about this in Dawn or any other paper... Just second hand sources.. No newspaper has even mentioned it recently.. No one is even wondering what the heck is hapening.
I thought they ran out of funds!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
swerveut said:
I think Sir Syed's contribution to our muslim subcontinental nation was much more than that of Fatima Jinnah's. He led the way for the muslims during the days of the british rule and reconciled us with the government after the war of Independence had left us vary of the raj. If he hadnt been there, we might have still be lurking wayy far behind.
Fatima Jinnah may have worked for women and provided moral support to the new Pakistan and to Quaid-e-Azam Mr. Jinnah, but I think that the impact of what Sir Syed did was far greater.
Infact, go a step further. When Sir Syed pioneered Aligarh University, he was labeled "infidal (*****)"(non believer) by our very own Mullah hardliners for teaching "angrezi" & corrupting muslim minds in subcontinent. Sir Syed stood his ground strong & instilled the importance of science & technology along with faith in subcontinent muslims. It'll be nice & fitting tribute to name Islamabad airport after Sir Syed but dont hold you breath. In a country where a cricket stadium can be named after Gaddafi, expect any name. unfortunately, its a sad reality that we all have to accept it & move on.

·
Banned
697 Posts
Hindustani said:
Infact, go a step further. When Sir Syed pioneered Aligarh University, he was labeled "infidal (*****)"(non believer) by our very own Mullah hardliners for teaching "angrezi" & corrupting muslim minds in subcontinent. Sir Syed stood his ground strong & instilled the importance of science & technology along with faith in subcontinent muslims. It'll be nice & fitting tribute to name Islamabad airport after Sir Syed but dont hold you breath. In a country where a cricket stadium can be named after Gaddafi, expect any name. unfortunately, its a sad reality that we all have to accept it & move on.
Right now I think most peole are just anxious to see this project get of the ground! Names come afterwards!

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
Fatima Jinnah Intl is well deserved

We need to show to the world that Pakistan is not a womens rights violator!

Fatima Jinnah should have won against Ayub Khan but i think the fact that she was a women screwed up her campaign otherwise Pakistan would be secular now.

41 - 60 of 11333 Posts