SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Islamabad Through My Eyes

28K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  toshijmx 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Impressive pictures, some of them looking like artistic paintings - high quality, well chosen angles and frames.

As much as I can remember, Islamabad is a planned city and, if I'm not wrong, had a contribution by greek architect Constantinos Doxiadis (he made a master plan for Rio de Janeiro, published in 1964). I hope to see more of your city here, it would be a good chance to know more about urban planning there, as about social life in a modern city where tradition problably has space too :)

#11 ·
Thank you everyone! I will continue to update this thread as I take more photographs. Will try and incorporate as much of the city's architecture, design language, and culture as I possibly can.

Here's two from yesterday.

Bicycle Boy by Mansoor Bashir, on Flickr

Cost of Labour by Mansoor Bashir, on Flickr

#13 ·
Thank you.

I use a Canon 6D with the following lenses:

1. EF 50mm f/1.8 STM (Prime)
  2. EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6mm IS STM (Telephoto)

EXIF data for all the photos is available on Flickr. Just look at the panel on the right hand side underneath each photograph, in case you're interested in those.

If you're looking for a camera for yourself, do not buy this. It's much too expensive for casual photography. Only reason I bought it is for work (I work in videography and filmmaking), since the 6D offers a full frame sensor. The secret to good photographs is investing in a good lens. The 50mm lens I mentioned only cost me 12,000 PKR (110 USD).

#21 ·
Impressive updates, with high quality of night register, thanks for sharing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.