Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I've heard that the British Islands off of the French coast, which include Jersey and others, require special permission from the British government to go to. Is that just for moving there to live, visiting there or not true at all?

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
:eek: the cristal waters aorund this islands in west coast of Scotland looks in fact Bhaamas :) St. Kilda is inhabited?

·
Premium Member
18,785 Posts
Arpels said:
:eek: the cristal waters aorund this islands in west coast of Scotland looks in fact Bhaamas :) St. Kilda is inhabited?
St Kilda used to be inhabited, but I think the last of the population was evacuated in the 1930's. Its just full of feral sheep now.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They're about 30 miles west of Cornwall. Apparently, as recently as Roman times they were all one island, but they're slowly sinking into the sea

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
azzurri.chris said:
Palm Trees? WOW...where exactly are the Scilly Islands located?
What you on about?

There are 1000's of palm trees in southern England!

All these photos are in my Best of Britain thread...and many more like it!

Some of the Scilly isles from the air

St Ives

St Just church on the Roseland Peninsula

Kynance Cove

St Marys, Scilly Isles

Old Town Church graveyard, St. Mary's

Morrab Park Penzance, Cornwall

Porthcurno

Coastpath between Boscastle and Tintagel

St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly

St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly

St.Michael's Mount near Penzance, Cornwall

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
This whole thread is very Scilly!! :) :runaway:
:weirdo: :weirdo:

Actually, that beach pic of Cornwall is amazing!! Are you sure that isn't Cornwall, Bermuda or Cornwall, Jamaica? That Gulf Stream really warms up the UK!

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Nick in Atlanta said:
I've heard that the British Islands off of the French coast, which include Jersey and others, require special permission from the British government to go to. Is that just for moving there to live, visiting there or not true at all?
The Channel Islands aren't part of the United Kingdom (like the Isle of Man too). Anyone can visit but you need permission from the government of Jersey, Guernsey or wherever (not the British Government) to live there permanently. They tend to only give residence to rich people as they are a tax haven for people who don't want to pay their fair share to the upkeep of the country.

They annoy me a bit, they have the protection of our defence forces and access to our market economically but they don't pay their way, in fact they actively try to take money from the British treasury by attracting millionaires away from the country and being a centre for money laundering.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts