SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've collected your bags and left the airport. You ask yourself what to do now? Should I head to Tel Aviv or to Jerusalem? You can't decide so you ask me. And I say take a train to Netanya, a city of 200,000 ~20-30km north of Tel Aviv:

What's to do in Netanya? You can visit Zohar, or, if he's unavailable I recommend spending a relaxing evening on the beach and grabbing a light bite to eat at a boulangerie or a sandwich/falafel place.

(All pics are from Zohar)

Israeli advertisements are very subtle.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after one relaxing evening in Netanya, you move on to a full day of adventure in Qaesariya and Haifa.

Let's start in Quesariya, which was once the largest Roman port in the Eastern Mediteranean. Today, you will still find well-preserved ruins, along with a spectacular amphitheatre that still holds various musical performances, a seaside hippodrome, beautiful beaches (swimming among submerged Roman ruins), classy restaurants and Israel's only golf course. (It's the Israeli equivalent of the Hamptons/Cote de'Azur)

After 2 hours or so in Quesariya, you make your way north to Haifa, a city of 1.1 million (incl. suburbs), where you make a tour of the equisite Bahaii Gardens.

After your visit to the Bahaii Gardens, you might want to go for a swim in Hof HaKarmel, an excellent beach at the southern entrance of the city, or to visit Stella Maris and the prophet Elijah's Cave. Have a nice and tasty, if pricey, dinner in the German Colony neighbourhood at the base of the Bahaii Gardens/Temple.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the next day, we leave Haifa and head north to the ancient Crusader/Turkish city of Acco (Acre)

Pictures from Zohar, HebrewText

Pictures from Urban Legend and Hebrew Text

The Crusader's Citadel--- a must see!

Shrine of Bahaiullah

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After you satiate your appetite with Humus from Abu Said, make your way north to Rosh Hanikra, a scenic grotto and also the northernmost point on the Israeli coast.

Pictures from Urban Legend

Now onto Sfat, one of the 4 holy cities for Jews. It is also the birthplace of Kabbalah. You take in the fresh mountain air; the feeling of holiness/sacredness that permeates the town; and some of the beautiful artists' galleries in this holy city-cum-artists colony.

Tomorrow, we wake up bright and early for a trip to the Sea of Galilee and to the Golan Heights.

·
Registered
Ao lado da Ciência, dos Fatos e da Empatia
12,723 Posts
É bom ver Israel por aqui. Meu novo sonho de consumo... um dia vou para lá.

Thanks brother!
Beautiful pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts