SkyscraperCity banner

741 - 759 of 759 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Teddy Stadium has been expanded with the southern stand for 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship. At the same time, Also Pais Arena Jerusalem was built. As far as i know, there was a budget overrun for these projects, And therefor the roof wasn't built eventually (as well as the old chairs replacement in the northern stand).

Since then, The roof completion has been postponed over and over again util a budget has been allocated lately. The chairs hasn't been replaced yet, But it supposed to happen soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the information! What is the dark part just above the seats? also wood? I do not remember seeing it in the rest of the stadium..Is the rest of the stadium also going to look like this?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks, I thought it was something else because it looked so dark!

By the way, last week I read that the Malha Mall on the opposite site of the road next to the Teddy stadium is going to increase in size 3 times, if plans are carried out..

1,404 parking places will be added so that the new mall has 2,000 parking places.

Betar Jerusalem is happy about it because fan attendency levels have dropped. A lot of fans come by car but parking is difficult. The 2,000 parking places might stimulate fans coming with the car from other areas in Israel to come to the stadium.

Therefore they are constructing a bridge as well connecting the mall and parking places with the stadium. .

Maybe the loss in fans showing up is also an effect of seculars leaving the city in past years.

Here is the link about the malha renovation/expansion:
https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-jerusalems-malha-mall-to-triple-in-size-1001305199

·
Registered
99 Posts
OverallI like the transformation at Bloomfield. I do however think they should build the stands down to the field behind the goals. Now only the stands situated in the middle reach this far.

In Amsterdam they have expanded the stands until the field whereas they used to have quite a distance, it greatly improved atmosphere.

·
Registered
781 Posts
741 - 759 of 759 Posts