SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've collected your bags and left the airport. You ask yourself what to do now? Should I head to Tel Aviv or to Jerusalem? You can't decide so you ask me. And I say take a train to Netanya, a city of 200,000 ~20-30km north of Tel Aviv:

What's to do in Netanya? You can visit Zohar, or, if he's unavailable I recommend spending a relaxing evening on the beach and grabbing a light bite to eat at a boulangerie or a sandwich/falafel place.

(All pics are from Zohar)

Israeli advertisements are very subtle.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after one relaxing evening in Netanya, you move on to a full day of adventure in Qaesariya and Haifa.

Let's start in Quesariya, which was once the largest Roman port in the Eastern Mediteranean. Today, you will still find well-preserved ruins, along with a spectacular amphitheatre that still holds various musical performances, a seaside hippodrome, beautiful beaches (swimming among submerged Roman ruins), classy restaurants and Israel's only golf course. (It's the Israeli equivalent of the Hamptons/Cote de'Azur)

After 2 hours or so in Quesariya, you make your way north to Haifa, a city of 1.1 million (incl. suburbs), where you make a tour of the equisite Bahaii Gardens.

After your visit to the Bahaii Gardens, you might want to go for a swim in Hof HaKarmel, an excellent beach at the southern entrance of the city, or to visit Stella Maris and the prophet Elijah's Cave. Have a nice and tasty, if pricey, dinner in the German Colony neighbourhood at the base of the Bahaii Gardens/Temple.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last ones for the moment. :)

On the next day, we leave Haifa and head north to the ancient Crusader/Turkish city of Acco (Acre)

Pictures from Zohar, HebrewText

Pictures from Urban Legend and Hebrew Text

The Crusader's Citadel--- a must see!

Shrine of Bahaiullah

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After you satiate your appetite with Humus from Abu Said, make your way north to Rosh Hanikra, a scenic grotto and also the northernmost point on the Israeli coast.

Pictures from Urban Legend

Now onto Sfat, one of the 4 holy cities for Jews. It is also the birthplace of Kabbalah. You take in the fresh mountain air; the feeling of holiness/sacredness that permeates the town; and some of the beautiful artists' galleries in this holy city-cum-artists colony.

Tomorrow, we wake up bright and early for a trip to the Sea of Galilee and to the Golan Heights.

I mentioned Rosh Pina last night. This is the nice town near Sfat where you spent the night. It is an artists colony with lots of nice galleries and cafes.

Pictures from Herzeleid

Now onto the Sea of Galilee (which, for the sake of time, will include, among other places, Nazareth--- which isn't directly on the lake; but is nearby; I personally don't recommend visiting unless you are a very observant Christian as the Church of the Annunciation was only built about 40 yrs ago and architecturally, is not impressive; Capernaum, Tiberias, the Jordan River) and also to the Golan Heights, the Banias, and Tel Dan.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics from the rest of Israel--- Galilee, Golan Heights, Dead Sea, Negev Desert, Red Sea--- but no pics of Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.

Pictures from Dor.IL

The Banias River- North ISrael

The Shane

Mt Carmel- North Israel

Dead Sea- Negev Desert

Snow- northern israel

Random

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I spent five days in Tel Aviv last week and never get tired of visiting. It's not the first time I've been over but the city seems to have such a buzz about it at the moment. Brilliant place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts