SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Make Wu'bar Great Again
6,297 Posts
Finally there's a third carrier (Fly Niki) going to TLV from VIE. Prices have been ridiculously high due to Star Allience's monopoly on this route. I wanna go there soon!

·
Put it in your mouth
7,110 Posts
What are the laws regarding security on board Israel bound flights? I remember reading something about El Al not being able to fly into Australia because they had air marshals on board. Is that true?

I know Cathay Pacific fly there (most Australian Jews flying to Israel use CX and HKIA in order to bypass the Islamic countries that surround us) but do they need to have any kind of beefed up security?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the laws regarding security on board Israel bound flights? I remember reading something about El Al not being able to fly into Australia because they had air marshals on board. Is that true?

I know Cathay Pacific fly there (most Australian Jews flying to Israel use CX and HKIA in order to bypass the Islamic countries that surround us) but do they need to have any kind of beefed up security?
The truth I have no idea. But I can find out.
The truth of our meeting yesterday came the question what's really no direct flights to Australia
And no one will know the answer to this.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard plane spotters cant take pictures of El Al aircrafts.
That is not true
There is no prohibition to photograph aircraft.
At least in Israel.
We are much at the airport and take pictures of various aircraft and aircraft of El Al Israel Airlines
I never said it was forbidden to photograph them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Number of terminals? Capacity? Can you update us please.. Any plans in the future.
24 bridges, airplanes, arranged in three arms (B, C and D), capable of handling more than 10 million passengers a year, but can increase its capacity up to 16 million passengers a year, through the establishment of two additional arms (A and E ). The continental part of Terminal 3 was built so that the expansion on both sides.

Terminal 3 -Five-story

Floors G and 3 are used for the floors of the main arrivals and departures respectively.

Shopping center with an area of ​​10,000 square meters, known as the "Buy & Bye", which stores a total area of 1,500 square meters.

In addition to working at the terminal two synagogues, three bank branches, ticket offices and travel agencies, as well as car rental companies. Throughout the building works wireless Internet service free of charge by the company operated 012 Smile. The airport railway station Ben - Gurion located on the lower floor of the terminal ground (Floor S).

Terminal 3 at the border crossing running "Fast Track", allowing biometric identification of passengers entering or leaving the country. Using an open system in Israel to residents who are over 18 years and registration process is accompanied by a one - time. Route based on a geometric reading back of the hand, and the traveler's passport is stamped. However the passenger to obtain a passport in any case and a dedicated card is used to identify the system. Issued in use in passenger signed certificate used as evidence that he had completed the transition process at the border.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts