SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1136 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
haifa already has metro-rail as part of the train tracks (a mini train for suburbs), and of course the worlds smallest underground metro line also.
these bus-rails that were tested this year and aproved also which will have special lanes for them, it is now u/c and will be ready only in 2009 so I also dont know how they look like. maybe like a long bus, they have 180 seats. they supposed to be somthing between bus and rail, they stick to the platforms on magnetics. the platforms for them are 2.5m wide and 50m long.
I dont know how many Haifa bought but since we have light rail and metro and soon a second cable car and also spending billions on carmel tunnels, its probably much less.

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Egged public bus company

one of the biggest public bus companys in the world. it buses serve almost all Israeli citys.
in the 90's they had a bus line between Tel Aviv to Cairo but today it's not possible.

city bus MAN NL

Man NL -313

Man NG 313

Scania K270LE

Scania LE- 94

Midi Bus

Mercedes Sprinter

Volswagen T-5

Man Superbus Irizer

Man 11-220 (mostly used in litte streets in Jerusalem. streets that biger buses can't enter.

Mercedes 0405. older buses of Mercedes-Benz. (Eged sold some of them to Russia and Bulgaria in the last year).

Coach

Daf SB 4000

Mercedes 0404

Mercedes OC 500

Armor protected bus. goes through Palestinian villages.
Volvo B12B

Man 18-350

Egged buses in Haifa Lev Hamifraz central bus station

Mercedes-Benz O303

after suicide terrorist blow himself inside the bus

inside the bus

Egged tour bus

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
cool, Istanbul bought 100 of this vehicles for the new "metrobus" line! Do you have some more pictures, interior pictures etc.. I always wanted to konw how they look like!

btw we have a two-part "long bus" - so it will probably look the same only longer.

·
22,863 Posts
great thread...

i have a question:
Theres is egged and Dan buses....
which one exactly works which routes?

Is there a ticket which you can buy that can go universally?
Cause i am used to taking 1 form of transportation in one area, and another in another area...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
great thread...

i have a question:
Theres is egged and Dan buses....
which one exactly works which routes?

Is there a ticket which you can buy that can go universally?
Cause i am used to taking 1 form of transportation in one area, and another in another area...
not only egged and dan - some other cities have been privatized with other local companies, like kavim and metrodan and connex.

·
DAMNED
38,617 Posts
a new train station
A large train station scheduled to cater to the inhabitants of Holon and Bat Yam is currently being built over an overall area of 14,100 m2 between the lanes of highway 20 (Netivei Ayalon), in the section between Holon and Bat Yam, where the underground water is close to the surface of the soil.
Completing the station up to the final stages consists of complex civil engineering tasks, construction and system works, as well as finishing and design touches - all subject to the station operation's requirements.

This station is the sixth station being built by Ortam Sahar teams.

Render :

Under construction :

Fresh pix :

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ confusing....

but anyway, can i buy a ticket for anyone universally?
Im planning on going and using the buses alot. Trains too..

yes, there is a ticket for Egged & Dan buses and there is a ticket for Dan& Trani buses. i gues there is Egged & Train tickets too.

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Dan public bus company.
the company activate lines in Tel Aviv metropolitan (Gush Dan) and that's were the name come from.
most of the buses are city buses.
in the last few years they activate few bus lines to Jerusalem (from Tel Aviv and Bney Brak).
they also have lines to settlements beyond the greel line
they more populat than Egged in Tel Aviv area.
the company also have a daughter tour bus company called United Tours.

the old logo

new logo

Man NL

Man EL

Man SL

Scania

Mini Bus

United Tours bus

United Tours older buses

1 - 20 of 1136 Posts