SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDENTIFICATION CARD

Name: Çiftçiler Towers
Architect: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum (St. Louis - London)
Project Management: Arup Associates (London - Istanbul)

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Not a fan, I don't like many Istanbul towers to be honest. Diamond is real nice though and DTI is one of the best projects in europe, but this isnt up to standards

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
dm, maybe you could put the name of the project in the title? Great 'scraper(s) though, although I'd kill for a more original idea...

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to "skyscrapermaniac rules" they are "twins" as long as less than 1/3 of their height is connected.

The 3 skybridges connecting the two towers have a total combined height which is less than 1/3 of the towers, so they are definitely "twins".

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
eemreee said:
^^ Again again again i say,
If that building built in London,you would say that tower is up to standards ;)
Seriously, no. I just don't like it. If an ugly tower gets built in London, I won't like that either. This just looks like alot of other istanbul/middle eastern projects. Not EVERYTHING has to be twin towers you know.

it's my opinion eemreee, and I dont care if you think I'm saying because I am jealous that it aint in London, believe you me I'm not. Plus we learned of a 230m tower tower in London today which in my opinion is nicer.

Now, I'll let you get back to discussing this.

G

·
eemreee said:
^^ Again again again i say,
If that building built in London,you would say that tower is up to standards ;)
Doubt it. The renders have no standards so how can we say the building does. It looks awful.The glass saves it a wee bit. This is St Georges Tower in London, most desteste it yet it's arguably twice the tower this is. I dont see what you can like about it other then the height. :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts