SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some photos of my trip to Istanbul I took back in November of 2014. Istanbul itself has around 14 million people and it is located in both Europe and Asia. Because of it's location there is a lot of history here from the Greeks, to the Romans, Ottoman Empire, etc. Istanbul and its picturesque skyline have also served as a backdrop for a number of foreign films, including Topkapi (1964), The World Is Not Enough (1999), and Mission Istaanbul (2008). Anyways I should note that while Turkey is a Muslim country they are also pretty liberal so it was not really different from the rest of Europe in that regard especially when it comes to alcohol consumption, dress, etc. That being said you will still hear the islamic call to prayer in addition to seeing a few headscarves and burkas. All photos were taken by me and any unauthorized alteration or duplication is not permitted and may be subject to legal action.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picture is worth a thousand words but added descriptions would help further.
I normally add those at the end of the thread. I still have tons of pictures I need to upload so stay tuned.

·
masoq??
1,277 Posts

You covered some really nice areas, I felt as if I was walking around the city. I just got curious to know which pics would be from the asian side of the city, really nice work :)

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

You covered some really nice areas, I felt as if I was walking around the city. I just got curious to know which pics would be from the asian side of the city, really nice work :)
Glad you enjoyed my photos of Istanbul. Anyways unfortunately I never even made it to the Asian side of the city and since most of the attractions are on the European side that was where I spent most of my time. Anyways there is so much stuff going on in Istanbul that you can easily spend a week there and not see everything that it has to offer (sort of like London or NYC in that aspect).

Also since I visited during their wet season, most of the photos were taken in either cold, windy, wet, or overcast conditions so going to some of the other destinations such as the Prince Islands were out of the question and made taking good quality photos much more difficult in the city itself (however the tourist attractions were not as crowded which was a plus).

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
List of Sights and Attractions covered:

• Hagia Sophia (Ayasofia)
  • The Blue Mosque
  • The Grand Bazaar
  • Topkopi Palace
  • Dolmabahçe Palace
  • Egyptian Spice Market
  • Istanbul Modern Museum
  • Galata Mevlevihanesi
  • Taksim Square
  • Galata Tower
  • Sirceski Station

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.