SkyscraperCity banner

how long time do you think is gonna take China to become a developed country ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CHINA... will be the world´s largest economy in a few years...its been through huge changes lately...so i thought it´d be nice to put these pictures together in a thread to show just a bit of what this country´s got now to offer you all...

According to some data china´s population is heading to a record number of 14 hundred million people population...and only 500 million of those have a 1st world living standar , however the country´s economy is growing nearly 15% a year wich is great , but its even better when we have in mind the size of this economy...so for example this year chinese economy will be at least 1 billion US dollars bigger...

China is also investing in the "third world" countries getting some pretty hot deals ..like petro in Angola , and the acquisition of the mega copper mine in Peru for what they paid 3 billion US dollars and are supposed to make 2000% gain.

so here is the question...How long time do you think is gonna take China to become a developed country?

Enjoy the pictures!!! :)

(all pictures by other forumers )

/// iT´s CHiNa´s TuRN ///

KUNMING

SHANGHAI

SHENZEN

GUANGZHOU

BEIJING

HONG KONG

·
Registered
139 Posts
If the economy growing rate keeps on going around the current one, China will be developed in 10 to 20 years.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Sorry, but this is a picture thread, and we don't do polls here. Those are for sections like
Citytalk and Urban Issues. If you want I can open the poll and move it there. I am hoping people will start to be a bit more specific about where they got their pictures soon than just "from other forumers"- I think we can be a bit more specific about where we get pictures than just that! ;)
Thanks

·
Fishing
215 Posts
If the economy growing rate keeps on going around the current one, China will be developed in 10 to 20 years.
I dont think its gonna happen before 2050,:eek:hno:

China to become 'developed country' in 2080
By Guo Nei (China Daily)
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-02/19/content_417495.htm
Updated: 2005-02-19 01:09

China is expected to become an "advanced developed country" in the second half of this century, according to a report published on Friday.

The China Modernization Report 2005, released at a seminar organized by the China Centre for Modernization Research under the Chinese Academy of Sciences, concluded China will become a "moderately developed country" before 2050 thanks to its ongoing modernization drive.

Experts and scholars involved in the study believe that China's modernization of economy is scheduled to bring it into the ranks of the world's top 40 developed countries in the first half of this century.

They predicted that the country's modernization process will be upgraded in three stages to achieve this goal.

In the middle of this century, China will become a "moderately developed country" instead of simply remaining as a "primarily developed one."

Around 2080, persistent economic growth will enable China to become a "developed country" and then to be in front of the world's most industrialized countries within the next two decades, the experts and scholars say.

Analyzing China's history and the progress of its modernization so far, the report puts forward a roadmap as a reference for the country to reach the scheduled goal.

"China must follow a way of co-ordinately developing its industries and agricultures, improving ecosystems in the process, adopting high technologies along with appropriate ones and pushing forwards its national economy in line with globalization," the report said.

Addressing the development problems China will face in the years to come, experts warned that the country is presented with both opportunities and critical challenges.

While benefiting from the era of economic and cultural globalization, China has to work hard to maintain sustainable economic and environmental development, ensure the stability of its power supplies, guarantee financial stability and protect its national interests.

(China Daily 02/19/2005 page1

·
Registered
922 Posts
its not too optimistic. in fact, id say its quite conservative to give the 2080 figure given the fact that according to a Goldman Sachs prediction, China's nominal GDP per capita is projected to be around 52,000 USD in 2050 with a forecasted population of 1.4 billion.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
mglouis85

Thanks for your good thoughts

But the Chinese officials even admitted that China still has a very long way to travel and it won't be called developed anytime soon, China is such a huge country that it would take very very long to bring the entire country up to the level of truly "developed" as you can see from the report from China daily provided by Lester.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a far too optimistic thread, to take account of the huge population, you will be calm down.
Don't know what's the relationship between the photos and the topic
you should pay a visit to the remote west China and countryside around big cities to dig out the reality.
mglouis85

Thanks for your good thoughts

But the Chinese officials even admitted that China still has a very long way to travel and it won't be called developed anytime soon, China is such a huge country that it would take very very long to bring the entire country up to the level of truly "developed" as you can see from the report from China daily provided by Lester.

Far too optimistic? I´ve said Only 500 million people out of nearly 14 hundred are currently having a 1st world lifestyle...reading the data each person can make their own conclusions.

Its a thread about China and chinese pictures , thats the relation...

Thnx very much Lester for sharing this report from China Daily...i invite everyone to bring up more and more data...:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
The point is that we don't realize what does the power mean to ourselves, American are so scared of Chinese people, but Chinese people think that OMG, I am so scared of American, they are the same. Basically, I believe that if we can keep a peaceful mind of thinking, then it doesn't matter who's gonna dominate the world, China or the US, if we know how to make people's life to be a better one, thanks.

Above is my point of view from a guy who's been lived in both China and the States.

·
Fishing
215 Posts
I´ve said Only 500 million people out of nearly 14 hundred are currently having a 1st world lifestyle...reading the data each person can make their own conclusions.
500 million? Where did you get this data from?
Xinhua officially says, In 2007, China has 80 million middle-class members, which is about 6.15% of the total population. China defines middle-income households as having an annual income between US $7,792 and US $65,790.
In 2006, the American median annual household income was $48,201. $7,792 vs $48,201, without regard to the living cost, it is still far from the first world.

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
The point is that we don't realize what does the power mean to ourselves, American are so scared of Chinese people, but Chinese people think that OMG, I am so scared of American, they are the same. Basically, I believe that if we can keep a peaceful mind of thinking, then it doesn't matter who's gonna dominate the world, China or the US, if we know how to make people's life to be a better one, thanks.

Above is my point of view from a guy who's been lived in both China and the States.
There will be no such thing called "domination" in future. The more the world is getting developed, the less domination any country can hold.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts