SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Alias Thec
1,367 Posts
Javi said:
And the highest building in Rome?
you know that the are to other highrise sites which are somewhat more specialized in datae and the questions you ask.:Skyscraperpage.com with diagrams and Emporis.com with a huge amount of technical data.

still ssc has the best european forum :D

well Pallazo Eni
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/li/?id=100685&bt=9&ht=2&sro=1

by the way isn't the Telecom Italia building in Naples the tallest??

129 meters??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Telecom Italia tower is the taller now...as you know, Italian cities don't like skyscrapers but something is changing in Milan: the new "Pirelli" (a second tower near the the former) will be of 168 mt and at least other four towers will be taller (the tallest will be of 218 mt, the others between 140 mt and 180) but other skyscrapers are possible (we hope...)

·
Illustrator
7,015 Posts
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?10240653

Italy's tallest structures today and in the future. I made many of the drawings, including the Pirelli Building. I don't think the new Pirelli tower is one of the buildings in the diagram though?

·
Illustrator
7,015 Posts
And here is a diagram with just buildings(no chimneys and TV towers) of today:

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?10240741

Pirelli is the tallest highrise if you count the masts. The museum Mole Antonelliana in Torino is taller if you not only count highrises.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,797 Posts
The funny thing is that Italy is one of the strongest economies in the world and a member of the G-7 (or 8 or whatever) which means that the money and the expertise to build real skyscrapers is there. It took them a single... step on the pedal -if you catch my meaning- to build a number of scrapers in Napoli just for the fun of it and without breaking a sweat.

As for Rome, I fully understand (more than the case of Athens) the lack of highrises there. Rome can rest on its laurels for the rest of the times simply for what it stands for to the Western civilisation, unless the Italians choose otherwise.

It is Milan, Genova and some other cities that we should focus our attention too. Milan is the economic metropolis of Italy and I really don't see any reason for respectable edifices not to be built there.

FORZA ITALIA!!!

·
Николай
8,136 Posts
^thanks for your support gm2263, the tallest building now is the Telecom Italia tower, in Naples, in a modern financial center completed in 1994 (was projected by Kenzo Tange). But a lot of skyscrapers in Milan are now approved, this is a list of the new skyscrapers in Milan :

Dritto : 218 mt
Storto : 180 mt
Curvo : 165 mt
Regione Lombardia : 160 mt
Comune di Milano : 150 mt
Città della Moda : 145 mt
Torri de Mico : 100-200 mt x 2
Torri nuovo polo fiera Milano : 90-100 mt x 6

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Rome has approved 2 new buildings for it's "Europarco" (close to EUR) ,both will be 120 meters tall, construction of the huge shopppingmall underneath the towers will start in november 2005, in 2006 the construction of the first tower will begin. And there is also SDO (a project for a big Central Business District that has spent 40 years in the waiting chamber) an international competition for architects to design the SDO will finally start within a few months.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,797 Posts
So Rome is entering the game? That's news!!! How about EUR, is there any space left for the construction of something like Centro Direzionale? Eur is brilliant even at a mid-rise scale. If a number of skyscrapers are built in the Eternal city then we will have the best marriage of the old and the new.

Like I said, I have seen pictures of the EUR in the past and it's great!!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
a project that will start soon in EUR is the Centro Congressi Italia from Massimiliano Fuksas (construction will start in may) :

It is a congress-center for 11 000 visitors nicknamed "The Cloud". Underneath it are shops, restaurants,... . Next to it is a building with a hotel (600 rooms). It will be 70 meters high but it might be even a little bit taller because the owner of the hotelcompany demanded more capacity.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The fact that Italy is quite rich doesn't explain the presence or not of skyscrapers...unfortunately italians don't like skyscrapers, neither in ancient cities nor in more modern such as Milan or Genova. In these days a lot of people are rioting in the area where the new "Pirelli 2" (the skyscraper of 160 mt) is on the point of being built, to defence a park and the trees. It's not important if a new park around the new skyscraper has been planned; it's not important if nobody knew that "park" till now (but very, very few people...in fact it's not a park, but "disordinated green")...at the end, it's always a political stuff! I can't remember how many skyscrapers have been planned in Milan (some of more than 350 mt!) and never built...but this time the skyscrapers just illustrated are sure: approved, financed and ready to start: one of them belongs to Liberskind! bye

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.