Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Wow, that's bad journalism from WUSA. DC drivers are involved in more accidents in DC because DC drivers are more likely to be driving in DC. This tells us nothing about how well they drive.

I'd expect DC, MD, and VA drivers to all have about the same accident rates. So what this really tells us is that drivers in DC are more likely to be from DC and MD than from VA. That's probably not surprising, given that there are a lot more street connections between DC and MD than between DC and VA.

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drivers with MD plates are who I try to avoid

·
Unregistered User
2,594 Posts
I'd like to see a study that only analyzes the driving habits of people who are native to the DC area, and not the billions of people who moved here sometime during the past 5-10 years (which I think is most of them.)

·
Bad Moon Rising
325 Posts
NOVA: They're rude and have a sense of entitlement. I've seen people almost get run of the road by soccer moms in their over sized tanks and yuppies in BMWs.

Maryland: We drive like it's the Daytona 500. It's not uncommon to see people do upwards of 85 on some of the highways around here.

DC: They drive too slow and they're always lost.

Delaware: Like DC, but a bit more rude.

Pennsylvania: F*ck them.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
I don't really see a difference between either NOVA or Maryland drivers as far as driving habits are concerned. Generally speaking the only thing that is noticeable to me is that the closest to DC/the Beltway you are, the more aggressive the driving is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts