SkyscraperCity banner

341 - 360 of 639 Posts

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
From this distance it fits in nicely with the surroundings...
The Hovis factory? The petrol storage site? The warehouses of Trafford? Ah no I guess you mean the pie factory because it's cheap and shitty looking but one of the buildings has an excuse as it wasn't built for TV production and at the time wasn't surrounded by quality buildings.

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
The Hovis factory? The petrol storage site? The warehouses of Trafford? Ah no I guess you mean the pie factory because it's cheap and shitty looking but one of the buildings has an excuse as it wasn't built for TV production and at the time wasn't surrounded by quality buildings.
You seem to contradict yourself in your own argument :nuts:

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
The key phrase I used in this was " from a distance" ;)
I am checking google earth and it still looks out of place and shit. It they had built it at the back of the pie factory it would look like it fitted in but next to the Lowry and IWM? It clashes and looks bad.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
I am checking google earth and it still looks out of place and shit. It they had built it at the back of the pie factory it would look like it fitted in but next to the Lowry and IWM? It clashes and looks bad.
Whatever they built here, it was never going to tie in with the IWMN. If anything the IWMN is the building out of place, like already mentioned, built in an industrial park.

I think the most important thing here is that it already doesn’t look like the cheap looking render. The sand coloured cladding looks great imo, and should generally look good as a water fronted building.

341 - 360 of 639 Posts