SkyscraperCity banner

421 - 440 of 639 Posts

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Adding 2 receptions adds costs in the build, staffing costs, and uses more space. Why do that when suppliers and many staff will use a car therefore having one by the main road and carpark makes more sense.

·
Mancunian Member
7,167 Posts
A lot of ITV staff will want to cross the bridge/s to Booths and the Outlet Mall I would've thought, especially at lunch. And as already mentioned, any tram commuters alighting at Media City, plus 'The Studios' are independent (Peel owned) and will be used by both ITV and BBC. Am I right in thinking some ITV staff will be based in the MEC tower?

·
Registered
20,820 Posts
If the Trafford line gets built however there will be a tram stop in front of the ITV studios itself, no need to cross the river.

yes there are some staff being based at Mediacity, they are general ITV show production staff however not the Coronation street staff, they will mostly be concerned with commisioning shows and the odd show produced at the rentable studios or filmed on location in the area.

·
Towerholic
1,421 Posts
How many staff are going to be going back and forth between the BBC and ITV on a daily basis?
Well the BBC and ITV have been cooperating more and more in recent years and part of the reason for ITV's move to media city is to allow ITV to continue this and also make use of the businesses based in the greenhouse and media city in general. Maybe even Salford Uni well get involved in some form.

I understand ITV is a business and not exactly swimming in money, but come on, at the moment it looks like they will be having to slip through a fire exit at the moment. :lol:

·
Banned
223 Posts
I don't think skit was suggesting it be open for people to walk round the set, he's saying the ENTRANCE is in the wrong place, and I agree.
I agree too. What concern is it to us - the people of Manchester - what the easiest side of the building is to have an entrance on? I couldn't really give a toss how far old Ken Barlow has to walk from his car to the door. I'm sick of saying the same thing over and over... our city should be tougher on developers and make sure that when these companies build here, they have an obligation / requirement to build something which enhances our city. Having the arse end of a building overlooking what could develop into one of our cities most famous and visited locations is reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllly frickin' irresponsible on our so called "planners" part :nono:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
WatcherZero said:
How many staff are going to be going back and forth between the BBC and ITV on a daily basis?
Hardly any. Corrie will be self contained and self sufficient. ITV in the Orange building will have negligible need to physically cross over regularly. The security turnstile on the quayside will accommodate this small need.

All Corrie artistes and most Corrie crew will be using the TWR gate as main access.

·
IT City Planner
4,256 Posts
I'm guessing those pictures werent meant to be taken, so I'll get rid of the one in this thread too
leave them - theres no copyright msg on them and well once you put stuff up on the t'interweb it can be there forever!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I'm surprised there moving the Coronation Street set to the Quays with the noise from nearby factories (i.e. Hovis) and the wind.

421 - 440 of 639 Posts