Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
23,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to create a thread for this when Parkes finally solved the mystery :)

They renovating the entire research wing of the museum and then going up a little higher. UCT is also adding a new addition to the little theatre on the back of this site so lots of building happening there.

Just these off the website for now...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi All

The existing building is 5 floors and then they adding and extra two on top of that so it will be 7 floors when complete. Yes the top floors will be executive offices and a conference centre. No images have been released on what any of the exterior will look like as yet but there have been mentions that its not only this part of the museum but also the planetarium side.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Its all happening inside completely gutting the interior and fitting out with new state of the art research labs and storage collections... Its supposedly due to be completed in December.

Reactions: Lydon

·
Registered
391 Posts
Is this the slowest construction project in Cape Town at present? It really does seem like it.The upgrading of the Provincial Building must have previously held the record as the slowest building job in Cape Town I believe.I recently saw a time-lapse video of a 57-storey skyscraper built in just 19 days in Changsha in southern China. Imagine if such speedy construction(that's an understatement) could take place in South Africa!

·
The man in the street
969 Posts
Iziko Planetarium set for digital evolution

Iziko is proud to announce that the Iziko Planetarium, located at the Iziko South African Museum, Cape Town, will undergo major digital upgrade. The Iziko Planetarium Digital Upgrade Project will culminate in a state-of-the-art digital fulldome immersive theatre facility by early 2017.
Via Iziko

1 - 20 of 20 Posts