Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Nick Small is looking for input on this I have reposted PeterStoba post here. for comments https://twitter.com/CllrNickSmall/status/957976610547949568 that it already looks like it has been got at by the HRC. Unless there is another thread I couldn't find.

A proposal from JD Estates for quite a decent looking 9-storey block, a shame it'll be hidden away here.

Quote:
Application Number: 17F/2249
Site Address: Land on the corner of Pomona St & Cathedral Walk Pomona St Liverpool L3 5RG
Application Type: Full Planning Permission
Proposal: To erect mixed use development consisting of commercial on the ground floor with resudential above
Applicant: Mrs Arslanian
Looks to be a student accommodation block for LJMU, 60 two bed apartments with a lecture theatre & cafe on the ground floor.

Site Location Plan

Existing Site View

Ground Floor Plan

First Floor Plan

Cathedral Walk Elevation

School Elevation

Pomona Street Elevation

End Elevation

View from Great Orford Street

View from Mount Pleasant

View from Pomona Street

View from ADA

High level view

·
Just something
9,274 Posts
Erm, interesting for the area.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suspect Nick Small will be all over this. The height will have to be reduced in line with the building next door, I suspect.
It already looks like it has gone from 9 to 7, which is a mistake. Nick needs to make the residents aware that if they want public or private services in the area then they need a greater population. He needs to point out the contradictions and conflicts in their wants, he isn't just there to pass on their unfiltered view. I think we can guess what they will be.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
It already looks like it has gone from 9 to 7, which is a mistake. Nick needs to make the residents aware that if they want public or private services in the area then they need a greater population. He needs to point out the contradictions and conflicts in their wants, he isn't just there to pass on their unfiltered view. I think we can guess what they will be.

I think the best thing that could happen with that building is reduction from 7 storeys to zero. I'm all for bringing more people into central areas, but not at the cost of hurling up any auld rubbish in sensitive locations. Back to the drawing board for that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts